Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ross is this infographic accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ross is this infographic accurate?

That definitely describes the game last night, if nothing else.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

From the Chiefs players' reports I've seen (haven't seen the Chargers) no one gave a poo poo about the field but absolutely everyone complained about not being able to breathe.

Supposedly the Chiefs prepared for the game by taking it easy in practice/not traveling and the Chargers practiced all week in Denver to try to prepare for the elevation I think I saw? I think I'd lean to the Chargers being smarter there despite the loss.

Yeah, the chargers spent all week at the air force academy in Colorado Springs (like 1500 feet higher than Denver)

Apparently Anthony Lynn actually played in mexico city once and remembered how gassed he was, so that's why he made the decision. The Chargers did look more energized out of the gate, even if the offense just stopped once they got into the red zone.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, the chargers spent all week at the air force academy in Colorado Springs (like 1500 feet higher than Denver)

Apparently Anthony Lynn actually played in mexico city once and remembered how gassed he was, so that's why he made the decision. The Chargers did look more energized out of the gate, even if the offense just stopped once they got into the red zone.

I'm not sure how different it would be for football, but I know I've heard MMA fighters saying you either need to be at that altitude for months, or you might as well fly in and do it the same day, and fight results seem to bear that out.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

From what I understand, physiologically you need to either be there for at least two weeks, or less than 48 hours. Psychologically, it's probably helpful to spending a week practicing at altitude. The thing I hear about playing in Mexico City is that the altitude isn't really the big problem, it's the pollution.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm not sure how different it would be for football, but I know I've heard MMA fighters saying you either need to be at that altitude for months, or you might as well fly in and do it the same day, and fight results seem to bear that out.

I spend two weeks in the Andes and I still barely felt acclimated after that time.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hell you've spent 9 years here;)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Hell you've spent 9 years here;)

Heeeeyyyyyyyy

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Bip Roberts posted:

Jimmy Clausen

Bellmaker posted:

Ryan Mallett

all fantastic former ravens qbs

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlacTo00.htm

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I will always love Philip Rivers but yikes.

Yeah, that was really bad last night. The pick the Chiefs' DT got wasn't really his fault but the other three were just brutal-rear end throws. Guy's trying to play hero ball and ended up throwing away a game in which the defense actually played very well against the Chiefs' O for a change. This is probably the first time i'm coming around to the idea he's just kind of done.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's almost like Rivers can't be counted on to win games when it counts

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

OxySnake posted:

Jones, Ridley, (Formerly Sanu), and Hooper are all real good. Freeman hasnt looked good though.

It's not lost on me that the Falcons look hot after benching Freeman.

I've been saying for years that we re-signed the wrong RB.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Uh isn’t Freeman injured, not benched? Or is it one of those Terminal Suckitis “injuries”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

Uh isn’t Freeman injured, not benched? Or is it one of those Terminal Suckitis “injuries”?

I mean benched due to injury. But he is not very good.