Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The *throws up hands in exasperation* from Robinson wasn't because Trubs went for the deep ball again, it's because he knocked a guy out trying to deliver a $10 bud light to a guy in the 5th row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's so weird to see Trubisky made sideline throws, he just sails the ball without looking hoping he's throwing to the right spot. Even if Allen Robinson stopped the pass was nowhere near accurate.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Doltos posted:

You can hate on Trubisky for many things but that's a high low route and the low was read so he went high. Allen Robinson in the middle had a safety and a LB sitting right above him on the first down marker. The guy yelling like an idiot using a bad Bobby Boucher reference ignores that when the screen pans up a second later. That route relied on through contact YAC while the other was a solo match up on the sideline. It's also the third quarter. Who cares if Trubisky takes a shot there?

Don't you dare try and defend the decision making of sentient trash can Mitchell Trubisky. If this was your first time ever watching him play, i can understand. But he does this poo poo all. The. Time. He is the worst QB i've ever personally qatched, and it is not even close. He is ranked lower than 2 backup QBs in yards and TDs. Even if it was the right decision, i had zero faith in him converting.

gently caress Trubisky and gently caress me for being a fan of this lovely team

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Simplex posted:

I didn't see the play, but from those stills it pretty clearly looks like an option play. The unblocked Rams defender playside is intentionally unblocked as he's the option man. The problem in the execution is that Mitch has pitched the ball before the option defender has committed.

Yeah I think 72 is supposed to pull around and take out the linebacker, Mitch just gave up instantly. Maybe if his hip was actually hurt that's the play where it showed but I still think the injury is fake

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sweet thursday posted:

Yes but

Did you see the quality of the throw Dalton lol

yeah it sucked lmao

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

420_Power_Rangers posted:

He is the worst QB I've ever personally watched, and it is not even close.

I hope Chicago trades the Raiders for DeShone Kizer.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

He is the worst QB i've ever personally qatched, and it is not even close.

Brock Oswieler.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nathan Peterman

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Cade McNown

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:hmmyes:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ryan Lindley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WtzO4Qm10w

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

No Ryan Leaf love?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Still the worst NFL game I've ever seen.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Probably Magic posted:

Still the worst NFL game I've ever seen.

I was pretty disappointed in the whole thing, but the win was very, very nice.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Rivers. They run through countless courses through fantastically varied terrain. Some race in torrents through narrow mountain canyons, some wend in lazy curves and oxbows through marshy lowlands. But the thing about Rivers is, no matter where they flow, they basically always end up in the same place.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs looked kinda bad tonight, thank god for Rivers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Rivers insists on doing this "helping every other team But his" thing for another year, best of luck to him. If he signs on for another year genuinely thinking it's resulting in a ring for his own team though, hoo boy :lol:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I will always love Philip Rivers but yikes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

For the first time I'm starting to think your boy might be kinda done. To be fair one of the interceptions was a fluke (and probably should have been ruled a fumble), but he got away with another couple.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Welcome to Ravens fandom my guy. Imagine joining luminaries like Kawalimus, Pop Dog, Oberst and me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1196649502075228160?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also let's never make two NFL teams play in Mexico City again because holy poo poo that field.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

poo poo taco

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Also let's never make two NFL teams play in Mexico City again because holy poo poo that field.

That field was

Holey poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah. They had two years to get this right and still failed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that's probably it for the qb class of 2004. here's to you, jim sorgi

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 19, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Curtis Painter

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

While it's my gimmick to poo poo on Rivers, I don't blame him for being spooked about his blindside being defended by a rookie. Seems Frank Clark is at least healthy enough to abuse a bad tackle.

Outside of that I really can't make anything out that poo poo show in outer space.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

While it's my gimmick to poo poo on Rivers, I don't blame him for being spooked about his blindside being defended by a rookie. Seems Frank Clark is at least healthy enough to abuse a bad tackle.

Outside of that I really can't make anything out that poo poo show in outer space.

The first INT was 100% on the rookie LT. I don't think he even tried to block Clark. I also thought it was a fumble but oh well.

The second one, that was just a great defensive play. Well done.

I didn't see the third one. I was getting something to drink.

The game ender was just horrible by Philip

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Third one he took a shot and it worked out as an arm punt. It wasn't well thrown, the receiver could have been thrown open more to the side of the field but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

The one that Mathieu dropped Rivers got hit on the throw. There was another one where he threw into triple coverage that would have been a good play to come up with it by the Chiefs but still. It kinda got broken up by too many people going for the interception which is not a good sign.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The first INT was 100% on the rookie LT. I don't think he even tried to block Clark. I also thought it was a fumble but oh well.

The second one, that was just a great defensive play. Well done.

The game ender was just horrible by Philip
By the end of the game I think both teams were just tired as gently caress and they were both ready for the game to just end. Almost felt that way for the entire 4th quarter and I don't blame them.

Rivers doesn't seem as confident this year and if he gets rattled early he just looks off. Thought they really should have put a lot more pressure on KC's lovely linebackers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also I can't stress enough how much I love Austin Ekeler

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Carlos Hyde is right now 10th in rushing yards.

Really sucks we let him go.

Edit: Also Rivers is beyond cooked lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Carlos Hyde looked awful in the preseason and Rankin waa a great performer at LG until he died.

It was one of those rare trades where everyone won until the knee injury.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LiquidFriend posted:

By the end of the game I think both teams were just tired as gently caress and they were both ready for the game to just end. Almost felt that way for the entire 4th quarter and I don't blame them.

Rivers doesn't seem as confident this year and if he gets rattled early he just looks off. Thought they really should have put a lot more pressure on KC's lovely linebackers.

Fair, I bet the altitude effect was absolutely killer by the end. Especially for a team used to playing at sea level.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Don't you dare try and defend the decision making of sentient trash can Mitchell Trubisky. If this was your first time ever watching him play, i can understand. But he does this poo poo all. The. Time. He is the worst QB i've ever personally qatched, and it is not even close. He is ranked lower than 2 backup QBs in yards and TDs. Even if it was the right decision, i had zero faith in him converting.

gently caress Trubisky and gently caress me for being a fan of this lovely team

Jimmy Clausen was an actual Bears QB.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

drat, Curtis Painter. It’s funny the names you forget.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

shirts and skins posted:

Fair, I bet the altitude effect was absolutely killer by the end. Especially for a team used to playing at sea level.

Mexico City is a whole 2000 feet higher than Denver. You can bet that altitude was playing a huge role.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AndrewP posted:

drat, Curtis Painter. It’s funny the names you forget.

Ryan Mallett was THIS DECADE :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Mexico City is a whole 2000 feet higher than Denver. You can bet that altitude was playing a huge role.

From the Chiefs players' reports I've seen (haven't seen the Chargers) no one gave a poo poo about the field but absolutely everyone complained about not being able to breathe.

Supposedly the Chiefs prepared for the game by taking it easy in practice/not traveling and the Chargers practiced all week in Denver to try to prepare for the elevation I think I saw? I think I'd lean to the Chargers being smarter there despite the loss.