Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean.

If Rudolph doesn't try to rip the dude's helmet off first and then doesn't run at the dude immediately after his helmet is ripped off instead, it's hard to see this playing out in a way where he gets bonked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rudolph is a loving dumbass chud who started a fight a he couldn’t possibly win.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

TAMU student here with no vested interest in the NFL and boy howdy aggie twitter is lighting the gently caress up in defense of Garrett.

However

MJeff posted:

I mean.

If Rudolph doesn't try to rip the dude's helmet off first and then doesn't run at the dude immediately after his helmet is ripped off instead, it's hard to see this playing out in a way where he gets bonked.
is basically where I stand on this. Especially when the man whose helmet you're trying to rip off is a 280 lb 6'4 beeftank who loves going super sayan or whatever dragonball poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MJeff posted:

I mean.

didn't know miz was a goon

e: also this page is making me chuckle at being called out with "no one is excusing Garrett's actions!"

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

sponges posted:

Rudolph is a loving dumbass chud who started a fight a he couldn’t possibly win.

this is literally no different than the time Richard spencer got punched in the face, sickening to see goons cheer one and admonish the other

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Intruder posted:

didn't know miz was a goon

Yeah, he wishes. :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ho fan posted:

this is literally no different than the time Richard spencer got punched in the face, sickening to see goons cheer one and admonish the other

on the other hand richard seymour punching big ben in the face was extremely good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If anything the only thing Garrett should be suspended for is hitting a Steelers QB that wasn't Ben.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
https://twitter.com/jharrison9292/status/1195203292646793216

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

THE TAKES ARE INCREASING IN POWER :stwoon:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wow, the Browns are finally cool, congratulations

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I think we're all forgetting the biggest tragedy in all this:

instead of Cowherd eating poo poo for his Steelers homerism in the morning he gets to spend the entire show railing on the Browns again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I think we're all forgetting the biggest tragedy in all this:

instead of Cowherd eating poo poo for his Steelers homerism in the morning he gets to spend the entire show railing on the Browns again.

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/1195204618453536769

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

if it happened to him or Ben I would be building a statue of Garrett right now, tbh

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dom is Here posted:

if it happened to him or Ben I would be building a statue of Garrett right now, tbh

If he tried it on Ben

a) there’s no way he’d have been able to pick him up by his face mask like that

b) the helmet would’ve harmlessly shattered like an egg shell against Ben’s skull

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

General Dog posted:

If he tried it on Ben

b) the helmet would’ve harmlessly shattered like an egg shell against Ben’s skull

https://twitter.com/Kaufmayne/status/1195233513747779585

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

If he tried it on Ben

Seems like you've forgotten that helmets are Ben's enemy

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I see the factory of sadness has opened a 'Moral Quandry' wing.

"Remember when your team was just terrible at playing football instead of being the most violent bunch of belligerent assholes since the Golden Horde? Now you have a whole different way to question your life choices! The Factory of Sadness: Just when you think we've closed down, we expand"

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 15, 2019

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that that could have and probably should have been a Roughing the Passer on Garrett immediately preceding the fight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It has been mentioned and is a defensible position but "Garrett is a POS for smashing a helmet into an unprotected head" seems to surprisingly be taking higher precedence

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I was mentioning it more in the context of the victim blaming. It was a cheap shot on Rudolph even before Garrett started swinging helmets around.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Immediately give him a lifetime ban. In fact, suspend all Browns defensive players involved in both the dirty pool they engaged in (ie helmet to helmet hits) and in the brawl itself for both the rest of the season and well into next. Ejections and fines are not gonna cut it. They start pushing back, lifetime bans.

Of course Goodell(sp?) won’t because he doesn’t have the loving spine for it. He botched his responses on Spygate, Deflategate, and Bountygate. I do not trust him, in any sort of capacity, to make the right call here.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ban him. That poo poo doesn't belong on the street let alone in a professional sporting event. League needs to send a hard message that this sort of action will not be tolerated. All the takes about what instigated what are moronic. If the helmet had come down at a slightly different angle and hit in a different spot he could have killed him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not ban him. the quarterback was trying to push his helmet up into his face and destroy him while on the ground. that could make anyone mad as hell. long suspension. things like this turn murder into manslaughter very often. look into it the way I have

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018

BlindSite posted:

Glad we cleared up an assault victim was not in fact asking for it.

He might not have said it but he is definitely thinking it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I legit can't believe there are people ITT defending Garrett. Even if Rudolph tries to yank his helmet first you don't swing at a guy's head with his helmet. gently caress sake you are supposed to be able to trust the guys on the field aren't intentionally trying to end your career.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I can't believe the Browns tried to murder illustrious Steelers legend 'Mortimer Randolph'

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Goddamn Freddie keep control of your team

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why wouldn't you consider what Rudolph did when judging the situation? There are only two possible reasons and either of them would reflect extremely poorly on anyone who brought it up. Either racism or something to do with hating people who weigh over 250, 260, or 270 pounds. I'm counting those three things as one to keep this short and sweet. If myles garrett ran in for the sack with his own helmet in hand and hit the QB then that would deserve a lifetime ban. Instead he sacked the QB normally and the QB freaked out on the ground and started trying to take off Garrett's helmet. Garrett did it to him instead and made a costly mistake from being so mad about it. being suspended for the next full season is enough. there is no need to 'defend' anyone or accuse others of doing so if you simply keep a perfect and objective outlook on everything that happens in the world.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

All myles garrett needs to do is punch a woman at a bar tonight and he'll get his suspension reduced to 3 games for "good" behavior

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
It's going to be long, cold winter. We need all of these hot takes for our very survival.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

A.o.D. posted:

It's going to be long, cold winter. We need all of these hot takes for our very survival.

He didn't hit him hard enough. Next time get two hands on it and bring it down like a dang zweihander

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cavauro posted:

Why wouldn't you consider what Rudolph did when judging the situation?

Because nothing he did justified what happened next. That much is obvious from watching the tape. He may have said a naughty word, but that doesn't excuse physical violence.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

HereticMIND posted:

Immediately give him a lifetime ban. In fact, suspend all Browns defensive players involved in both the dirty pool they engaged in (ie helmet to helmet hits) and in the brawl itself for both the rest of the season and well into next. Ejections and fines are not gonna cut it. They start pushing back, lifetime bans.

Of course Goodell(sp?) won’t because he doesn’t have the loving spine for it. He botched his responses on Spygate, Deflategate, and Bountygate. I do not trust him, in any sort of capacity, to make the right call here.

Do you want the 4-piece or 10-piece nuggets?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Because nothing he did justified what happened next. That much is obvious from watching the tape. He may have said a naughty word, but that doesn't excuse physical violence.

Why are you talking about excuses and justification?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Everyone should consider everything that happened to preserve an accurate memory. Thinking and acting on the circumstances as immaculately as is humanly possible should be what we strive for at all times with the exception of when we're very sleepy and need to go to bed

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

There are some dumb people in here.

This all began with Garrett’s late takedown of Rudolph - which falls right in line with his M.O. He lets up on Rudolph and this would’ve never happened.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am disgusted by Garrett's actions and think he should be punished by being forced to stay on the Browns for his entire career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m guessing 10 game suspension

If he swung it at his body it’s 2.