Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fknlo posted:

How does something like that not lead to assault charges? Are sports venues actually considered international waters? Did Tyreek Hill break his kids arm in Arrowhead and that's why nothing came of it?

The police dont have to press charges immediately, and in California at least, they don't usually bother pressing charges if the victim refuses to cooperate. In this case I'd be willing to bet they took a statement from everyone involved in case someone decides to come forward later, but I doubt Rudolph will press charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

What I'm trying to get at is an angular, deflecting collision from a distance of about 2ft (or whatever the length of Garrett's arm is) isn't equally as fatal to someone falling from standing height directly on your head, even taking into consideration the acceleration provided by swinging the thing like a medieval flail. I'm very sorry that someone died in your apartment, I mean that genuinely, that's a horrible situation and it sucks that you had to experience that. I work for an investigations company and I deal with these things every single day. I don't have time to do the kinematic Sports Science-esque analysis right now, but I'm saying that the aggregation of forces in either situation are completely and demonstrably different.

Blood on the field? Sure, but that could happen at basically any time in the NFL. An acute subdural hematoma causing death on the field? No, not from the way those actions unfolded. Rudolph absolutely could have sustained a skull fracture or an intraparenchymal contusion with a head-on collision to the helmet, but with the NFL's medical policy on head injuries, the statistical probability of that resulting in a fatal injury is insignificant. He would have to be left alone by medical staff for days on end for his brain to swell or blood to pool in the tissues long enough to be fatal.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical examiner, but I work with them a whole lot so I feel reasonably confident in saying these things. Anyone with actual medical experience feel free to tell me what a stupid dumbass I am if I deserve it

Do they let you live by yourself or do you have an in-home caretaker?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

TFF is probably the best forum on the website overall. Better mods, better posters, Papa John

I, for one, absolutely share that sentiment fwiw

I support Athanatos decision.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

This is where we differ in opinion. The only thing Brady burns in his front yard is calories. And his house has a moat, by the way

You don't burn the cross in your own yard, dipshit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

, may have called him a slur,

Where is this coming from?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It wasn’t a monstrously late hit. He had his hands on him when the ball was thrown and he literally fell on his back with Rudolph on top of him.

Please tell me when Mason Rudolph used a slur. Myles Garrett didn't bring it up as a defense, but I know you've proven to be an intelligent and level headed poster in the past, so I don't want to think you're just talking out of your rear end.

“I made a mistake, I lost my cool and I regret it,” Garrett, 23, told reporters after the game, according to Cleveland.com. “It’s going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped into the scrum, I appreciate my team having my back, but it should have never gotten to that point. That’s on me.”

“What I did was foolish and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to slip like that,” he added. “That’s out of character, but a situation like that where it’s an emotional game … I allowed myself to fall into those emotions with that last play and what happened.”
https://people.com/sports/myles-garrett-speaks-out-after-brawl-at-game/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dunno if he did or not. Repeating what goons have said in threads across the forums.

Those goons are loving idiots doing everything they can to justify an assault with a weapon because they don't want to believe Garrett did a really bad thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

All the clowns emphasizing assault with a weapon are probably super quiet when a pitcher slings a 100mph baseball by a batters head because enough respect wasn’t shown

No, that's hosed up too. Imagine even watching baseball.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol "assault with a weapon" Chich is already salivating at the thought of pulling a gun on Garrett and getting administrative leave over it

If you don't think an NFL athlete swinging a helmet with force can severely injure or kill a person then I don't know what to tell you. Also it's gross that you'd say I want to shoot someone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

He voted for Trump so regardless of what happened on the field he deserved what he got and Garrett did nothing wrong.

Yeah... I don't believe that about half of this country is deserving of physical harm like that.

And statistically speaking, theres a good chance Garrett voted Trump too. He's a Texan millionaire who went to A&M.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

Less than a quarter of people in the country voted for Trump! And if we’re inferring Garrett’s politics based on demographics, there’s probably a key one that’s a tad more predictive than his alma mater.

Yeah, him being a .1%er.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Literally no one is tying to justify smacking that dumb bitch with his own helmet.

Literally on this page:

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

He voted for Trump so regardless of what happened on the field he deserved what he got and Garrett did nothing wrong.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

That wasn't a serious post, fam, and you should be ashamed of yourself thinking that it was.

I'm not sure of that at all, but maybe he was, he can clarify it if I didnt read his sarcasm. Here's another one.

a new study bible! posted:

It's cool that players are allowed to invoke centuries of the most pure hatred imaginable by spitting slurs without any consequence.

I would suggest that black players should all refuse to play next week, but that's actually what most of the NFL fanbase would enioy, so maybe just bashing a racist bitch's head in is the appropriate response.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait d-link is a steelers fan?

Lol imagine attacking another team for character issues when Ben is your QB

He's not wrong about the Browns playing an amazingly dirty game on Thursday.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

There's a rumor floating around that he called him the N-word, and I don't know if that is true. That poster clearly thinks it is true and has used it for form his opinion.

If he called him the N-word, then that explains Garretts behavior, imo. So you've got me there, I guess.

It's a "rumor" that a bunch of goons in this thread spun out of whole cloth based entirely on the fact that they don't like the steelers/ Rudolph's politics/ or some other weird broke brained justification. It is why I posted:

Chichevache posted:

Those goons are loving idiots doing everything they can to justify an assault with a weapon because they don't want to believe Garrett did a really bad thing.

and why it is really stupid that you posted:

Chilichimp posted:

Literally no one is tying to justify smacking that dumb bitch with his own helmet.

when Mr. Nice and I were specifically talking about people justifying Garrett's actions.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The Ravens are the.... morally best team in the AFC North? :thunk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

who the gently caress cares i'll welcome any dipshit onto the football team i like if they can help get a lombardi

This is the correct take.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I never got the gang tag and I'm still v mad

Who is your team?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Whoever goes to the super bowl and has todd gurley tbh

Then you deserve no Run gangtag.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Who would you rather have on your team

Reincarnated Hitler who can defend the pass and hit like Ed Reed

or

Vontaze Burfict

Hitler, no doubt. If only because all the blitz jokes will be greay.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

They lost by 34 and didn't score until garbage time, just admit the team you like is good

He will never do that. He is a crazy person, sick for attention.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Can we talk about how trash Wentz is?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Outstanding.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

Their rich uncle died and promised to leave them hundreds of millions of dollars but only if they can get Mitch to have a single game with a perfect passer rating

Not even on his 6 TD game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm not sure how different it would be for football, but I know I've heard MMA fighters saying you either need to be at that altitude for months, or you might as well fly in and do it the same day, and fight results seem to bear that out.

I spend two weeks in the Andes and I still barely felt acclimated after that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Hell you've spent 9 years here;)

Heeeeyyyyyyyy