Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GrimGypsy posted:

the first 55 minutes of smackdown had one match

and that match involved ziggler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Give them a break guys, they only have 7 hours a week it's literally impossible to tell even a simple, straightforward wrestling story in such a short period of time!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

they barely squeak in the beginning of their second match before the 60 minute mark, then immediately cut to their...10th? commercial

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

Lol if you think anybody watches WWE for wrestling. Just lol friend!!!!

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

GrimGypsy posted:

Wow. I figured it was 830

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Belt looks nicer blue.

Now watch it never main event a PPV ever again.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hirez posted:

and nothing has loving happened or progressed any story

to be fair they did apparently abruptly end an interesting-seeming storyline between Daniel and Sami/Nakamura that could have led to a fresh and great title feud, that's uh...progression of a sort.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GrimGypsy posted:

add in like 10 commercial breaks and a hype thing for CM PUNK

This sounds so pathetic, a hype video for CM Punk's big return to WWE... adjacent programming on FOX.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this page gets 5 pages im going to ban everyone

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

They transition so seamlessly from overproduced, over-scripted show to commercial that it honestly feels like one long droning ad.

And then as they come back from commercial during a match, they have a long shot with a fancy 3D graphic and you can barely tell that a match is even going on because the only real point of any WWE programming is MARKETING

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
If The Fiend's in-ring presentation wasn't what it has been I'd be 100% down for another Bray/Bryan match. As it stands though we'll just have to settle for Fiend walking off 30 consecutive Knees That Beat John Cena and escaping the LeBell Lock by ripping off his own arm to no ill effect. Then the match gets stopped because Bryan refuses to stop kicking Bray in the chest. Also the whole match is tinted blue.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Kofi being tag champ is the saddest I've ever been to see someone be a champion.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol "good job!"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This woulda been an amazing PPV match

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
No better way to make the NXT guys look cool than having them be run off by every tag team jobber on the show

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
LOL OTIS MADE IT TO THE RING FIRST

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It’s just like the invasion or Nexus - the locker room jobbers scaring off the invaders.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It’s just like the invasion or Nexus - the locker room jobbers scaring off the invaders.

Least they sent out like 10 guys. It wasnt like on Raw where Zack Ryder, R truth, and like 2 other dudes scared off 5 nxt guys

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this whole Brand vs Band vs Brand thing sure seems like a good opportunity to establish Raw and Smackdown's authority figures; good thing they didn't recently have Heyman and Bischoff standing around catering for no reason or this would be a real waste!

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I love how there are no fans in the arena in Gulak’s photoshop.

They didn't have a picture of him winning so they had to have him go out and pose before the show started.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GrimGypsy posted:

this whole Brand vs Band vs Brand thing sure seems like a good opportunity to establish Raw and Smackdown's authority figures; good thing they didn't recently have Heyman and Bischoff standing around catering for no reason or this would be a real waste!

nooo, no more authority figure storylines. We JUST got rid of shane and I dont even wanna see his replacement.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jobber matches have a place, but they feel extra pointless when they're surrounded by so much nothingness in the rest of the booking. Like, what's the difference between this and Braun squashing Gulak? It's all filler.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don’t understand the flow of this show at all. I’m sitting here fast forward I going “come on when are they going to start the loving match!” Which inspired me to take time stamps.

8:42 - Cole does ads over Brauns music
8:43 - New day interview
8:45 - New day entrance.
8:46 - Commercial.
8:49 - Bryan/Sami backstage segment.
8:52 - Cut back to New Day Entrance (7min later) doing an ad for their SS match
8:53 - Cole does ads over New Days music for Career Builder and 64th Man
8:54 - Revival’s Entrance
8:55 - Match Starts
8:56 - Commercial Break
8:59 - Match Resumes, but not before Cole tells us the match has been brought to us by progressive.
9:04 - The match ends by DQ. Main point is to get over TUE as a threat to New Day
9:05 - cut to commercial. Leads off with a Survivor Series commercial.
9:09 - Show resumes. Recap of what just happened 5 minutes ago.
9:10 - Heavy Machinery squash match starts.

28 minutes for the whole segment. 6 minutes of wrestling in that time.

Like... it takes 13 minutes just to start the loving match from the last segment. The crowd is now dead. The TV audience has seen 5 ad segments over 17 minutes. You barely see any wrestling and the gist of the last half hour is that TUE has a match with New Day

How the gently caress is this supposed to be enjoyable? the pacing is horrible.

So much happens in 30 minutes of Dynamite. This is ridiculous .

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If its a 3-way battle, shouldnt raw and smackdown be attacking each other too?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cole's OH BOY! enthusiasm for Otis coming in fell completely flat with the seemingly disinterested crowd behind it.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
more recaps thank you!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
All they have to do is say that the winning brand gets the last five spots in the Rumble or something. It’s not that hard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

So much happens in 30 minutes of Dynamite. This is ridiculous .

I mean we always knew it was awfully paced in WWE, but AEW has really brought it into sharp relief considering how much they pack into such a short amount of time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

All they have to do is say that the winning brand gets the last five spots in the Rumble or something. It’s not that hard.

People have been saying this for years and it's so obvious that I have to think Vince is purely refusing to do it out of spite.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nikki Cross sucks

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Can we get WWE Smackdown Friday Show to do a recap of a recap of a recap.

Just endless recap of what just happened 3 minutes ago until it’s all over.

I’m not watching this at all but this is the best show I’ve ever seen Smackdown pwns

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bayley is such a bad promo

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I mean we always knew it was awfully paced in WWE, but AEW has really brought it into sharp relief considering how much they pack into such a short amount of time.

Yeah, at this point in the show on dynamite we had 4 matches, the MJF/Jericho segment, the Brandi/Kong angle, Mox and Darby’s promos, and the Omega video recap.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
goddamn this poo poo sucks

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just lmao if Smackdown beats NXT tonight.

Its amazing how dogshit the SD women's division is in comparison to raw and nxt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ANOTHER commercial break Jesus Christ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay Dakota and Tegan

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Astro7x posted:

28 minutes for the whole segment. 6 minutes of wrestling in that time.

Like... it takes 13 minutes just to start the loving match from the last segment. The crowd is now dead. The TV audience has seen 5 ad segments over 17 minutes. You barely see any wrestling and the gist of the last half hour is that TUE has a match with New Day

How the gently caress is this supposed to be enjoyable? the pacing is horrible.

This is a great post and something that's hard to articulate when describing why these shows are so bad unless really broken down minute by minute.

It's the Red Letter Media quote of "you might not have noticed it, but your brain did."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

vince: give us time, soon we'll be able to go an entire hour without...ugh..."wrestling" *spits to side*