Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So, while we're waiting, what's the thread's consensus that Guts will die at the end of Berserk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

KittenofDoom posted:

I got bored and made a felted wool Behelit 👹

This is amazing!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Guts going to Griffith saying he forgives him and understands him now because he found his own dream, followed by Griffith shrieking at him then losing to Guts in one swing and Griffith's army fades because he completely loses his beliefs, that's my ending. Or, just make it one big time loop, Griffith gets beaten and turns into old lady to hand his younger self the behelit.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Hey what's going on with Berserk?

**sees two chapters this year**

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Ok um...spoiler chat:

Clearly was the end of Gaiseric's empire and his beginnings as Skullboy, REALLY love the design of old Godhand, clearly showing links to old world religions, Zeus, Inca/Aztec, Mesopotamia, etc. I know I'll be a really old man, but I hope Miura releases something that explains his design reasonings for these and maybe some more background.

There's so much stuff here to unpack, and feels like Miura taking cues from a work he inspired in Dark Souls, of showing not telling and I LOVE it.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Oh my God I'm heartbroken, I've been following this before the Dreamcast game here in the US. He was such a talent, hell, my Gmail account is a reference to Griffith. I really hope that he had family with him and he wasn't just found this way..

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I'm so sad about his passing, and I know it's purely selfish but I hope he had at least an outline of how he wanted Guts' story to end.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Bisse posted:

Oh wow really? Ok I take everything back, Sang-woo is a greedy monster.

Well....

The prize money would be divided up evenly between all the dead players' families, which is 100,000 Won, or 84.75 USD. So, you either walk away with nothing or you're dead and get 85 bucks, or you get the full 38 million USD/45.6 billion Won.

Back to the Berserk:

So do we think they are ending it here with that cliffhanger or do we hear anything that leads to believe that Miura's assistants will try to press onward?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Going online and just looking for a copy of the chapter gets you WILDLY different points.

I guess people are doing it for clicks, but man, still in this day and age that's a thing.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

No Dignity posted:

I think sometimes about how like every panel of Griffith Miura drew is perfect avatar material but you never, ever it used because of how distasteful it'd be

....I have often used Griffith for my avatars and my email is a reference to his name in the outtakes in the dub..

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

New Griffith body pillows with "pockets"

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

My absolute dream would be to just continue the 97 anime using the same style and getting the same dub actors.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Darko posted:

So just have stills from the manga, in color, panning on screen?

Still better than the CG one.

Yup, because I'll take that any day over the always awkward movement that comes even with good CGI anime

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This is I think the biggest difference now. The story is going to move at turbo pace doing only the essentials to help it get to the finish line imo

I'm ok with this. I got into the series in 98. Since then I've become diabetic, graduated college, married had two kids, changed careers, and one of my most defining favorite things did not have any ending in sight, I'll take that over the fear of dying before seeing it end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I'll forever be sad that there is no version of Berserk that has Cam Clarke as Puck after playing "Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage"