Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

just bob posted:

I'll use this script.

Did a few more pages gonna publish em out of order.

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Torquemadras posted:

"Glad you're here, Skull Knight. The world has been transformed while you were gone"
"Really"
"Yeah, like, we encountered crazy tentacle monsters. No qlipoth, no apostles, no kushan magic. Just actual monsters. Crazy"
"Hmmm-hmmm"
"I just know Griffith did this somehow. But he shouldn't have the power to merge dimensions like that. How did he do it"
"Uhm"
"How"
"I think I gotta go"
"HOW"

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the brand also resembled the qliphoth

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the old god hand have really cool designs all around

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

I don't know if learning what Void's body looks like makes him better or worse.

wtf

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is something that all the people offering "complex sexuality themes across gender presented in Berserk" takes need to keep in mind. There is a bunch of gratuitous female nudity and sexualization that is there only for the sake of slaking a cishet male's thirsty gaze - and it's specifically gratuitous beyond Miura's unflinching resolve to throw the worst of the world in our faces to tell a horrifying but meaningful story. It's just gross fanservice, and while it has waxed and waned throughout the manga, I doubt it will ever completely go away.

As someone also familiar with the context of a Japanese manga with naked people in it, I'm willing to go with Nestharken's :ughh: :japan: take on this, but that doesn't mean Berserk has ultimately risen above the systemic female-objectifying problems of its medium (and readership) just because it additionally and separately has some relatively evolved takes on sexuality, gender, strong female characters, etc.

:thanks: :amen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

There is no free will I say as I commit mass murder and rape in order to turn into a demonlord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTSpvCV34Ok

"I have no free will", I sang
As I flew about the murder
Mrs. Richard Holmes, she screamed
You really should have heard her
I sang and I laughed, I howled and I wept
I panted like a pup
I blew a hole in Mrs. Richard Holmes
And her husband stupidly stood up
As he screamed, "You are an evil man"
And I paused a while to wonder
"If I have no free will then how can I