Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah, you can tell it's not him doing the art anymore, but it's finding its stride. Exciting to see the story still moving forward, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

While I'm glad to see the story moving along, I felt it moved a little too fast for a Berserk chapter. I feel it would've had a few establishing shots showing off the new environment, the local people doing local things and whatnot.

Honestly I was just happy they had so many big sweeping scenery shots at all. One of the things I used to recommend to people is how Miura never just fell to filler at least every other page there was some huge complex shot and it looks like the team is still trying for them even in casual conversation panels.

He left some loving huge shoes to fill and he literally died doing the comic the way he did, so I'm not going to begrudge something of a change in quality and style sometimes.

vvv: And that. Berserk has been running since 1989. There's a simultaneous pressure to not gently caress up one of the longest running and foundational manga and dark fantasy works in the modern era, but also I think the pressure to finish the story properly sometime soon and I'm ok with seeing it end in my lifetime ngl.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 28, 2024

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Like this is obviously fan-project quality but they hit the mood and vibe of a 90s era anime well. I think my only complaint considering the context is the pacing is really slow?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I think that's in reference to the moth apostle's elves, which are explicitly depicted with sexual organs along with the moth apostle herself as a way to emphasize that they are actually human, where the real elves don't have genitals at all.