Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Diabetic posted:

So, while we're waiting, what's the thread's consensus that Guts will die at the end of Berserk?

I’m betting on “turns into a wolf-thing like his inner-demon self”, personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That is pretty great. Also my volume 5 of the sick Berserk omnibus got here which reminded me to finish (re)reading volume 4. I barely know Geiger but it’s really obvious in the best possible way the effect he had on Miura’s art with the Godhand, goddam. The anime was nice and all but nothing beats the manga for something this insanely detailed. At least, not the manga with the anime OST playing in the background probably

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It was always implicit but never overly so like now.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s possible, I’ve heard of that kind of thing happening before

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

The statue of any character is an odd choice, but I'll let it slide if they give Zodd a great pose.

I’m pretty surprised there’s not a Griffith statue yet; it feels extremely onbrand.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Three chapters in 2020 is unironically really good imho. Like I guess this poo poo is technically a monthly but this is a labor of love and also this is the year Hunter x Hunter broke its last hiatus streak so I’m just happy that this comic hasn’t ducked up its author permanently at this point given its thirty-one years old (older than me!)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
poo poo. It’s funny, the thought “wonder what happens to Berserk now” hasn’t even crossed my mind. It’s just blown me away that this comic that’s been getting drawn since I was born won’t be done, not cause I don’t get to see the end, but because Miura spent as much time as I’ve been born working on it, and probably growing alongside it himself when you look at the transition from the edgy early stuff to Guts’ speech at the end of the hundred man slaughter to Caska. And probably thought he’d be able to take Guts to the end of his quest to find himself.

gently caress man. Take care of yourselves y’all.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think being trapped in a torture dungeon for a year for loving the princess was part of his machinations is all

Sometimes it seems like we make bad choices in life, but everything can always end up better if you just change your perspective! And have lots of friends you really care about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think Guts didn’t see it for the same reason no one else did: they thought Griffith was The Man and how the gently caress can you even slow down The Man for more than maybe a day or two? Griffith was the best friend Guts ever had but he was still a larger than life figure to him.

(Also I guess it’s subjective but I read Griffith’s breakdown as him not being able to handle losing one of his toys and feeling emasculated, not being fragile in the sense that he needed a confidant around (although that was also partly true)).