Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Whatever happened to that full sized body pillow shaped like Guts' sword? I want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

David D. Davidson posted:

I got some theories for how it will end.
I think the most notable would be that Guts isn't going to kill Griffith. Given that his character arc has had him moving away from seeking revenge it feels like him or Casca rushing off to kill him would be a huge regression. I do think Griffith is going to get his at some point, but I think it's going to come from him being defeated by Rickert, in contrast to Guts he's shed his tears and has moved on with his life while at the same time he's become to realize what a monster Griffith has become.

Griffith dying to someone who isn't Guts, who has once more walked away from him never to return, would be the most karmic death for Griffith imo. I can't think of anything that could piss him off more.

Or maybe a repeat of the snow fight, only Guts walks away with the whole crew this time (including demons like Zodd, perhaps), and Griffith is left alone on the hill.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
HAI YO!! is good, although it can be jarring yeah.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That's not brain jelly, those are the skulls/faces that line the floor and walls of the Eclipse room.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If Guts absolutely has to fight Griffith I hope it's like their fight in the snow when Guts beat him the first time. Griffith gets left behind in the snow in shock at his defeat, and Guts walks away, same as before.

But this time, Guts doesn't walk away alone.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Hilario Baldness posted:

I have made the decision to get a Berserk tattoo.

I'm between the panel of when Guts ripped his arm off and he's screaming, or the panel of Jill looking at Guts through the flame and commenting on how he looked like a terrifying monster.

I mean the classic choice is your very own brand of sacrifice, although the hand holding the crimson behelit is a good one too.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Blasting the OST from the anime on loop, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Scoss posted:

I leave the decision about whether it is feasible or prudent to continue to story completely in the hands of his assistants. Nobody else is better situated to know Miura's wishes about what he would want for Berserk. A lot of the development in Berserk mirrors Miura's own realizations about life and work, particularly coming to terms with not trying to bear the weight of the world all by yourself.

It's likely they will decide that it can't be done and that Berserk is finished. However, If they decide that through prior discussion with Miura and/or reading of outline material, they DO know how Miura wanted to end the story, I think it would be okay to try. I have to imagine that everyone working under Miura looked up to him, as a boss and a teacher and a genius creator. Carrying on his work seems like a fine a way as any to honor him, if they are up to it.

It's pretty much impossible to fill those shoes so the bar is already on the ground, I don't think there's any harm in trying. If they take a swing and it just ends up not working at all, I doubt it would even be published.

Yeah they aren't some randoms being brought in to extrapolate off of scattered notes and outlines, he's been working with these people for a long time and they've probably had more input on Berserk than we'll ever really know. If anyone can do it, it's them, but if they know they can't that's fine too.