Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Can’t wait for S3 when Guts and Rickert use TemporaryBehelits to become TemporaryApostles and slap Griffith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Butcher’s thing is that he’s an rear end in a top hat, but he’s effective. But he could probably be just as effective whilst being ~80% less of an rear end in a top hat. Whenever Butcher is re-recruiting someone they start by telling him to gently caress off, because they know what he’s dragging them into. Really the only people that Butcher wouldn’t sacrifice for the cause are his wife, and Homelander’s kid.

Also S3 spoilers in S3 at least it felt like TheBoys didn’t actually accomplish anything in the later half of the season. Most of the supes were beaten by SoldierBoy, it arguably would’ve been better to just let him run his course rather than fighting him, and the main difference Butcher and Hughie made was giving themselves brain cancer

I’d also say that Butcher is basically incapable of any kind of meaningful growth. There’s no lessons for him to learn, because he has no interest in learning them and will quickly regress into the same habits and behaviours. S1 Butcher is the same as S2 is the same as S3.

In contrast I think Guts is capable of that growth. Band of the Hawk Guts is different from Black Swordsman Guts is different from up-to-date Guts.

I like both but I don’t think they’re similar really. The main thing they have in common is a “normal” human fighting against super-powered freaks. I might even argue that there’s more in common between Griffith and Butcher, than Guts and Butcher.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Azubah posted:

Gut kills Griffith but now has to maintain the kingdom, no one is happy.

Guts faces his hardest opponent yet - Griffith’s tax reforms.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Griffith is the type of guy who gets bored of winning ALL the time, but gets salty as hell the nanosecond he starts losing.

Losing one duel against Guts made him firebomb all his meticulous plans, rape a princess, get torture-imprisoned for a year then kill all his friends and turn into a demon. He did not take it well.