Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I decided to sit down and just read the whole manga this last month. Am I wrong, or do we never actually see Casca win a fight?

I want to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I do get the impression Miura was improving with writing women towards the latter half of the series. Shierke's written well and with kindness, and I actually really like Farnese's arc- She's hosed up, but she's working hard at being better and she's become an asset to the team beyond babysitting.

It just struck me how often characters say Casca's incredible with a sword, or second only to Griffith when we just kinda don't really see it? I like Casca and I want the story to give her agency.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also not sure if I'm just the last one on this train, but this dude uploaded the entire '97 anime with the bloopers seamlessly edited in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7u4z85Yyuc

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Casca telling everyone to suck her cock is Casca being her best self.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Just thought you guys might like this: I put Dragon Slayer in the Superman cartoon I worked on.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
:patriot:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Kvantum posted:

We're freaking out over your work in the DC animation thread in TVIV. I cross-posted your response there, hope you don't mind.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871617&pagenumber=130&perpage=40

Not at all! I'm really happy everyone's having such a ball figuring them all out.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

temple posted:

No vampire killer? Who's your supervisor?

I went with another weapon from Castlevania- the one that my sister never used because she said it was like cheating. Meanwhile, I'd equip that bitch and use cheats to give me infinite Power of Sires and infinite transformation time so I could make my bat form dance to the music. :v:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I miss Demon Baby. He was cuter than Full Moon Kid.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

No Dignity posted:

I might suggest you stop reading the scanlations someone manually added genetalia to and find a better source for the manga

trucutru posted:

I once read a Miura manga where the scanlations added pee all over the place and that's exactly what happened, scanlations are weird.

This is all painfully funny to me.
Like, my lungs hurt so bad from stifling my laughter so I don't have to explain it to anyone.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Bisse posted:

but did the scanlators draw dicks on the elves?

I'll still think of this occasionally and wonder if it was real.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Looks like it needs to be airbrushed on the side of a van, lol. I'm generally not a huge fan of the digital color illustrations- The strength of Berserk art is in the lines, not the gradient shading. When you leave out the line shading, it becomes too smooth and clean. Casca on 41 looks bad and weird.

My roommate and I had covid the other week, so we binged a bunch of stuff. I showed her Memorial Edition since A) It's the shortest, and B) I advocate the chronological viewing experience and selfishly imposed that on her. She's now referring to everything that even slightly betrays her expectations as a Griffith.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Me n' the boys are going camping, let's meet up after.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm still waiting for Chekov's Becchi to go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Every time I see Puck now, I just think of that guy who read that bizarre scanlation with dicks drawn on all the elves.