Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Finally went and got started on this for the first time after buying the first of the giant 3-in-1 books on a whim.

Is there anything that I should know going in? Thanks to years of pop culture osmosis, I’m already aware of the big twist with Griffith and the Eclipse, and the infamy with non-consensual stuff, but that’s about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well, I finally went and binged the ‘97 anime, and even knowing everything about the ending, goddrat was that one hell of a trip the whole way through.

…Is it just me, or did the OP start to feel like it was a sitcom punchline as the story got darker and darker?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Counterpoint: he blocked his own redirected attack when rescuing Guts and Casca

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Frankly I just want to see someone finally adapt the Slug Count arc

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, so what was the announcement on the 29th?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

TBH, I wouldn’t have blamed them if they had decided to release whatever Miura’s notes or plans might have been in one big dump for fans to pore over, but getting an actual continuation is fine by me as well.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well, I've done it: I've finally finished Miura's run on Berserk.

Has there been any mention of when we might be seeing an official translation of the continuation? The site I was using used it up until that last chapter, but the one they swapped over to just had a really... distractingly different tone/style compared to what I'd been used to.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be honest, after reading everything Miura did for the series, my own impression was that the only way a final showdown between the two of them could ever end would essentially be Griffith letting Guts kill him after the realization finally hits him in full that everything he did to reach the throne is utterly worthless without the ability to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Considering it’s kind of implied that the whole Falconia sequence is just a “day in the life” bit for Griffith, he’s probably bored out of his mind.

There’s no monster left that’s truly posed anything resembling a challenge to him, his ministers invariably see the wisdom in his policies and assent, the people love him for being a perfect fairy tale king and messianic figure rolled into one… Frankly, Rickart slapping him was probably the most refreshing thing that’s happened to him in ages.