Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

loving gutted, we don't even have the possibilty of a sanderson coming in and finishing wheel of time since miura's art is so incredible.

That would honestly be a disservice. Real artists are born, not made, and someone coming in to finish Berserk would just be an insult to the work. They just wouldn't have that inborn ability he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Berserk entered publication when Miura was just 23 years old

An old post, but this is probably among the things that bothers me most about Berserk and Miura's passing. It's proof positive that real artists are born, not made, and if you don't have your magnum opus before 25, you're never going to.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
That appears to be by far the most popular part of the story, pretty much all the adaptations I know of just do Golden Age.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Why does the snake apostle baron back at the start bother wearing armour? Doesn't seem like he particularly cares about pretending to be human.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
On another note, do the deluxe editions have the coloured pages Miura did in some chapters? I've been giving the manga a look and the ones that he painted are in heavily-shaded black and white instead.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 28, 2021

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I wonder what would happen if someone just said no to the become-an-Apostle offer. The God Hand were fine with just letting the Count die when he refused to sacrifice his daughter so maybe they'd just shrug and forget it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
tbf he wasn't about to die the first time they gave him an offer :V

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

re: Grunbeld What the gently caress I have never heard of this Grunbeld novel, this synopsis is Berserk as poo poo too. And yeah no this is like, yeah he's ACTUALLY just a noble warrior, more or less, no secret betrayals on his part or anything. Also: lots of sexual violence. Berserk!

Can’t be that noble if he became an Apostle. :colbert:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Has anyone seen the third Golden Age movie? I caught all three on Netflix and I'm a bit confused, because people online made its Eclipse sequence out to be Cannibal Holocaust levels of horrifyingly violent and it really wasn't. Am I missing something?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, and it also looked like kind of Standard Anime Violence. It's not like you have long, lingering shots of photorealistic viscera or anything.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Oh, I agree, I just happened to come across this stuff in some places and found myself wondering what the hell they were talking about.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Any of them presuming to replace Miura would be outright blasphemy, best to just post an outline of what would have happened then leave

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Are you Christopher Buehlman

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Holyland was awesome so I'm interested

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Das Boo posted:

So I decided to sit down and just read the whole manga this last month. Am I wrong, or do we never actually see Casca win a fight?

I want to be wrong.

She kicks that sexist knight's rear end a few times in golden age, doesn't she?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
bad

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, it's My Adventures With Superman, that's a still from the latest episode

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Artists like Miura are born, not made, and nobody should have expected the continuation to measure up. It’s just better than nothing, which we would have gotten before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
But does the perfidious anglo really deserve berserk