Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

Maybe Oda just wants OP to be done. Like holy poo poo, it's been going on for almost 23 years and he's now in his mid 40's and probably wants to do another manga/character designs/something else. Hell, Miura and George Morikawa were only a year older when they started BERSERK and Ippo respectively. I mean, he probably has carte blanche to keep going as long as he loving wants because hey, as long as it's putting bread on the table for buttloads of people, all coolio for everyone, but at some point you're probably wondering "shouldn't this be winding down already?".

Well, maybe he could try speeding things up then? Because it's not like anybody forces him to create the ridiculously complex settings and introduce dozens of new characters with interlocking storylines that have to be solved with every new arc.

Like, the way I read one piece is to check every six months or so to see if the last arc I saw is finally done and then, if done, read it. I think the current wano arc has been going for *checks notes* a billion years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

griffith: im baby

Gotta love me!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pewdiepie posted:

Just finished reading the final chapter of Berserk. It prominently featured a nude baby, which is the most unsurprising thing ever. Glad Kentaro Miura is dead.

Please, Puck is already an adult fairy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Destiny and determinism are bullshit made up by people to justify themselves doing awful poo poo. Gutts has always accepted responsibility for the awful poo poo he has done. Fate isn’t real in Berserk, it’s just that the God Hand are incredibly powerful and are able to orchestrate a bunch of poo poo.

Well, yeah, Guts and Caska surviving the eclipse shows that fate is not 100% determined for the people not chosen by the behelits but, for 99.999999% of people it is basically real.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nuebot posted:

Unless it was fate that they survived, therefore leading to the chain of events that would cause femto to be reborn, that would lead to his conflict with the kushan emperor and the material world and spirit world getting merged or whatever, and ultimately to whatever weird poo poo would have happened at the end of the series had it gone on longer. If everything is pre-ordained then it's possible that even the stuff that seems like it isn't, actually is, and that every single actor is always just playing their part no matter how badly they insist they aren't owned. :shepface:

They were branded for death by the not-at-all metaphorical hand of god itself and survived. That's undeniable proof that, at that point, they went outside of their fate. Maybe a new fate was spun for them afterwards, but that's something different.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Dignity posted:

The fish jumping out of the water creates ripples though, disturbing the face of the pond. I took it as a chaos theory-like metaphor, Guts surviving led to the formation of the new Guts crew, Rickert becoming alienated from Griffith and giving him the slap and would have almost certainly led to an unforeseen outcome with the moonlight child. Events were stacking up that seemed to be outside the Godhand's vision, which I figured was going to be their downfall

Casca surviving led to Griffith's current physical body so yeah, big consequences.

Even the Skull Knight, who is the one that saved them anyways, was surprised that they weren't dead and the dude is very aware of the whole causality stuff.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

wielder posted:

If they ever decide to create a Berserk continuation, it should be under a different series title to establish a clear distinction. I have to imagine there's a few scattered notes, outlines and sketches left...but trying to pull those together into a coherent story would require lots of improvisation and guessing.

You'd need a very good and respected writer/artist who can take responsibility, yet it would still feel like fanfiction (although perhaps extremely good fanfiction, if we're lucky).

Btw...I just noticed earlier this week on Amazon that the digital manga volumes are on sale, in case anyone wants to pick up any volumes.

Just get Brian Herbert on the phone!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

Still don't know how I feel about this, but Kouji Mori's a respectable choice, given his and Miura's relationship. There's honestly no one else I'd trust.

To me it's just fanfiction. If it does great then gently caress yeah! great fanfiction is always nice. If it sucks then whatever, it was just fanfiction.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is it fan fiction if you have a team working on your work? They're just your "fans" amirite

You guys seem focused in the word "fan". My point is that, to me, it is not the real thing. Even if it ends up being real good, in the end it is something that I just cannot see in the same way.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 9, 2022

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

We just recognize that you used some dickhead phrasing. Not going to harp on you for that. I did so in another thread the last week. poo poo happens. But no need to keep the cloud up.

Sure, I get what you mean. It was not my intention to annoy or be a dick.

In any case, I will enjoy whatever it is that comes next.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Dignity posted:

I might suggest you stop reading the scanlations someone manually added genetalia to and find a better source for the manga

I once read a Miura manga where the scanlations added pee all over the place and that's exactly what happened, scanlations are weird.