Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Oh geeze, there's been a new thread this whole time. Any word on more delays, or is the chapter still due in ~3 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My only issue is that the images are over-compressed, so there's a bunch of jpeg artifacts around the text and shading.

Anyway: :eyepop: MY LIEGE!!! :eyepop:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I also recall that it's never been spelled out before, just everyone who would know going "Hmm... well it sure looks like that one former king of that vanished kingdom, yessiree, mmhmm."

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
"A New Beginning", wicked awesome!

Bet he's gonna reboot the entire story so he can redraw the earlier material better.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Yea, no egg for her.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

It gets better later on, at least on the digital version, but this is from vol2 on Comixology just now, which I doubt is any different from the print version. I can't recall where it gets better, but a sort of unacceptably large amount of the early volumes have huge white spaces between splash page halves and noticeable typos.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Can confirm, have read The Black Company and have played the first two Myth games.

I just wish Glen Cook could find a MacGuffin to write one more book after Soldiers Live.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
We all joked that he'd die before it ended, but not like this :negative:

I too hope for some story outline notes from his assistants to dull the pain of never knowing the outcome.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm now left wondering how much story telling was left, if that one interview with him deciding to wrap up the world building and push the final arc wasn't too far off of the mark of his actual machinations.

Gotta retrain Caska against the years of atrophy (I guess if she's interested in being a soldier again), show more of Falconia being a huge farce, get your epic revenge stories back to a rolling boil, figure out who the weakest link in Griffith's army is that will backstab the kingdom because they feel ignored/sleighted, etc. Not saying this wouldn't have been 10 years worth of content.

Oh, and have a few chapters of double-splashes so Griffith can zip around the battlefield and kill more fantasy monsters that are zero threat to him, but makes the citizenry oooh and ahhh in his presence.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Meh! I wasn't a lost sale, I was a pending sale way down the road. Though the payout from my digital purchases are probably a pittance :cry:
Hell, I only learned about Berserk from downloading encodes of random fansubs I found on IRC in the days of yore.

Anyway, I obviously agree about supporting it when you can afford to.

Speaking of Jojo, there's now a metric ton of it on the Shonen Jump subscription (I think to the end of Diamond). I should start reading that since to date I've only read up to part of Pillar Men.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Isn't she like 15 or 16 when Griffith swoops in with his cape, supernaturally flowing hair, and godly ability to always stand in front of a spotlight?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The point I was making when I brought up her age is that she'd be a naive teenager, as well as royalty. High odds she'd be really annoying.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
While the audience knew about the rebirth, isn't this the first confirmation for everyone else about the connection of the moon child and Griffith?

Little sad to see the final pages Miura worked on after following the comic for so long, but there they are. Farther along into the plot than I thought we'd get after the massive delays of the past several years.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Meeting up with his new Kushan buddies too when they finally group up. I imagine that's going to go well until someone talks sense into them all.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I on the other hand read it, was confused, and realized I'd missed the previous chapter, read that and read again to check for more context. Rough times, man.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Get ready for the third thread. This one lasted probably 1/10th as long as the previous.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm just here to see where it goes. And I want to see the dismay if it closes as a story about the journey of healing more than a vengeful climax splash panel following villain monologue. That'd just be fun to witness as the community of fans react.

I also feel like the art's starting to inch away from Miura's, but only barely and that's fine. Having even a mild stylistic shift would probably serve it better to mark the moment in time we entered fast forward to credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Clearly the answer is the trope where they shed their armor down to their britches 'n boots and just punch each other until both do a slow-mo haymaker that knocks each other out at the same time. Then friendship prevails and all is forgiven :pray:

Or maybe Griffith makes a Faustian bargain too far that Guts gets to exploit so he doesn't have to lose all of his humanity in a self-sacrificial moment. Then the puppies and rainbows.