Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

early on in quarantine during an ambien fueled shopping binge i ordered the berserk bookends.

they have arrived and they are so loving stupid.

i love them. won't be a while till i get to display them because we're moving early next year and I'm not going to bother to put a shelf up for them in current place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

whoa.

so is void the big bad and griffith is just a pawn?

also definitely sympathize with miura. this year is rough.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

gently caress, these volumes have been sustaining me for a while now, it feels almost like the series is producing content on a regular basis

i think i'm going to have some serious withdrawals when they catch up and suddenly it's back to three chapters a year

Yeah that's a feeling I've been having, too. It's like a creeping dread. Will still be like two years or a little less before they catch up, right?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Whoever suggested Between Two Fires, thank you. About a third of the way in and the book delivers on Berserk vibes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

drat, RIP to a ATG manga artist and story teller.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

RIP Miura

Just hit book 4 on my re-read that started in March. Judeau is such a good bro. I’m ready for pain.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Macksy posted:

how big are the pages in these? I have 2 volumes of darkhorse's paperback but the pages are so small it just doesnt do the art justice and I've been waiting for full sized releases.

pages are 7” x 10”

like ZSB said art looks great at that size but some spreads are limited by the spine. There’s also a few pages where it seems like there’s too much ink or the paper they printed on couldn’t handle the detail and bled a bit. Overall though I’m happy with the quality.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Still lol every time at Conrad and Ubik stacked like kids in a trench coat during Griffith’s vision in the Eclipse.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got deluxe #9 today, they included some nice fold out artwork pages. No about the author page though which is just weird as hell.

My copy arrived all hosed up with glue sticking a bunch of pages together and a couple of pages folded over on themselves.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

No mention of the NYT full page spread?

post it cause I didn’t see it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'll be reading to the end. I hope that Mori and the team feel like they delivered something Miura would be proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i hope discotek rereleases. it's been sold out since release day.