Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

The best Berserk game is Dragon's Dogma

A true Zaphod opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zaphod42 posted:

lmao wtf?

I mean that post was clearly tongue-in-cheek but just lmao at somehow finding that offensive? ZZZorcerer even agreed hahaha.

I guess you haven't played DD?

I was agreeing with you

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk resumes April 24th.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That was a nice hit, see you all in 9 months.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Griffith was right - about microtransactions.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Two chapters in one year? Amazing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guts doesnt necessarily have to kill Griffith, just do something that gets Falconia to turn on him as he walks away with Casca. Griffith breaks down and is destroyed by his own kingdom.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Schierke's Delivery Service

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is Japan getting the hardbound collected editions like Dark Horse is putting out?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm betting on Skully murdered previous God Hand members showing that they can be destroyed but something something cycles and destiny - they'll be replenished or replaced overtime and never truly gone forever.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Super Rad posted:

The only thing that would make me think Skull Knight didn't kill the other Godhands is how badly he hosed up trying to kill Femto/Griffith.
Void could have learned from last time to prevent it, also Griffith's ascension is explicitly different than the rest, right?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Trying to contain my joy

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just waiting for the crap to hit the fan.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

As Berserk evolves, so have the Griffith Did Nothing Wrong arguments

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Soup's on

https://twitter.com/MoonlightHuncho/status/1394345363188879361?s=19

Could just be bullshit but it gained enough traction to see Berserk trending on Twitter somehow

Harlock fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 18, 2021

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This sucks, man.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you were looking to buy the deluxe editions, the first couple of volumes are out of stock nearly everywhere likely due to the news, and Vol 1 in particular is like the third best selling book across all of Amazon right now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ANN posted an excerpt from an interview published a month ago:

quote:

Miura: Do you know how the story will flow until the ending of Cestvs?

Wazarai: That's the question, isn't it? laughs* Now let me just ask directly, how much of Berserk have you gone through now?

Miura: I've been planning to start wrapping it up soon. laughs* Just thinking of wrapping it up without expanding the story further.

Wazarai: And here I am not even halfway done with my story idea. What are we going to do with ourselves?

Miura: At this point, it's just question of our continued health, right?

Wazarai: Like, whether your life will run out before you ever get to finish it.

Miura: Well, they say humans can live up to 100 years old now, and some people can keep on working no problem until they're 90, if they're careful about it.

Agh.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's a neat thread showing off some of the art references https://twitter.com/Henrique_Lage/status/1395259303792099329?s=19

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you miss the 97 dub voice cast, they're in the movie trilogy. I believe the whole thing is available to watch on Netflix right now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I look at it the other way - it's Griffith fully mask off and unleashed. He doesn't have to pretend to care about people anymore, he has their adulation and devotion. He is king poo poo and absolutely knows it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

As an endgame story beat, I had the thought there would be some sort of cataclysmic event to counter the behelit sword splitting open the barrier between the physical realm and the Astral realm where everything would just become mundane again - no magic, demons, etc.

Otherwise there's no real 'fixing' the hosed up world unless it's reborn in some way. If fixing it were even a goal.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's happening (6/10 Eclipse)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No news unless there's news.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seems like a big risk and if it sucks, this guy is just gonna take all the heat and nobody will believe its the true vision based off whispers and remembered conversations

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Watch this, Lise. You can pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk is a tragedy at its core, but I think the growth of Guts' character is to not end up like Skullknight (cursed to roam forever only driven by vengeance) and Griffith (sacrificed everything including his humanity for power and glory). Guts represents the human struggle and by extension, hope, to keep pressing through what life/fate has to throw at us.

For him to succumb to the armor or to use the behelit would be a disservice to him. I think 2022 Guts would rather die on his feet than give in to that darkness. He may be tempted by how things get, but his new friends/growth will pull him back from the edge.

Where the manga has gone in recent years is a place where swinging a giant sword isn't the answer anymore. That's my take on it at least.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Something something Fairy island was protected by its own magical tree that's now gone when Griffith invaded the island

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Griffith smug face in the last panel is kind of killing me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of blue steel."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Very nice, let's see Griffith's behelit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1645751110681112580?t=14iwpkS0Bqq2MKFBgxsM1A&s=19

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Didn't Flora make it essentially mundane or just suppress it?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New Zodd statue

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New arc, I guess.

quote:

This year's 18th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine revealed on Friday that Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga will start a new arc with its latest chapter, in the magazine's next issue on September 22.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-09-07/berserk-manga-starts-new-arc-gets-new-chapter-on-september-22/.202073

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

First Dorohedoro now this, what a great day

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just a reminder this releases tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1747363904185930187?s=19

If you ordered from Crunchyroll, it likely shipped already.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Arbite posted:

Just finished the '97 series. Hell of a final shot to end on postcredits notwithstanding.

Are the Golden Age movies or the broadcast version from '22 better?

They're fine, I don't think it's better than the 97 series. Just more ways to keep telling the Golden Age Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Next chapter is supposedly this week, so keep an eye out.