Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Isn't the current hiatus supposed to be ending soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Zaphod42 posted:

Say it with me now,

"It was far too large to be called bookends. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron."

:golfclap:

Thinking about getting the omnibus volumes lately.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Harlock posted:

Berserk resumes April 24th.

:woop:

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I'm wondering if GAGA will just alternate chapter releases for Duranki and Berserk? I wouldn't mind that if the scheduling was consistent, but of course that won't happen. :sigh:

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Isn't it pretty much confirmed that the 'Moon Child' is Guts and Caska's, and that Griffith turns into him whenever there's a full moon? No doubt, Griffith's downfall or complete erasure will result from this somehow. I don't think eliminating the God Hand and the Idea of Evil will be as simple as Guts waving his sword around. Personally, I feel that, just as humanity's collective consciousness created the Idea of Evil, there has to be an Idea of Virtue that has yet to be seen since the majority is occupied with its own suffering.

I don't think there will be a dimensional regression that leads to the material and astral planes separating. If anything, there will be some catalyst that legitimately transforms the world for the better in a grand sense as opposed to the localized facade of Falconia. What that will be is currently beyond me, but Guts and his crew will definitely play a pivotal role in making that happen.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 26, 2020

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
:negative:

I knew this would happen!

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
That was a pretty good chapter! I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the Skull Knight is King Gaiseric.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
I don't think that has ever been implied, but Void undoubtedly has a connection to King Gaiseric considering the branded skeletons below the Tower of Rebirth.

The only God Hand member whose history is explicitly known to us would be Femto.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 27, 2020

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Torquemadras posted:

Skull Knight flashback. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK

My immediate thought! HYPE! :woop:

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Harlock posted:

Void could have learned from last time to prevent it, also Griffith's ascension is explicitly different than the rest, right?

Considering it's likely that Void became the fifth and final member of that era's God Hand, it seems reasonable to think that there is something special about Griffith's ascension.

If Gaiseric did in fact kill the other four members, I'm wondering how the rebirth cycle would work? An ascension event takes place every 216 years, and the fall of Gaiseric's empire is rumored to have occurred a millennium prior to the events of the Golden Age arc. With that in mind, Gaiseric must have made short work of everyone aside from Void.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Funky Valentine posted:

I don't know if learning what Void's body looks like makes him better or worse.

His appearance underneath the cape here is not canon, as far as I know.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
EDIT: Disregard. I mistakenly posted something that was supposed to go into the Vinland Saga thread.

That said, I recently obtained omnibus volumes 2 and 3! Two more to go!

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 23, 2020

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

David D. Davidson posted:

Random thought on who Berserk should end

Guts and Griffith settle the differences with a yodeling contest. Somehow this ends up killing Rickert.

Bollywood-style dance and song battle, IMO.

Speaking of Rickert, I hope we get a chapter to update us on his situation.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Nice to see that the memory was, indeed, an eclipse. Some people doubted that it was.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Tosk posted:

A post a couple pages back someone mentioned that humans were being herded towards Falconia for a mass sacrifice. That's an interesting thought. I personally think they're systematically exterminating all the other magical creatures of the land because the Idea of Evil behind the God Hand specifically has power over humanity, and wants to solidify its rule by making humans the only beings on Earth. I feel like we'll progress into magic slowly dying and the world becoming "mundane" towards the end of the manga (this is just me feeling like it's relatively foreshadowed as some kind of fantasy Earth, but I could be totally off my rocker there). I read this theory as presented by someone on a Berserk fansite who definitely thinks way more about the manga than I ever will and utterly convinced me with his argument.

There was some good stuff in there too about Puck's behelit not being foreshadowed to trigger a sacrifice, but to somehow cut it off from the form of "causality" that the God Hand control (because of this idea that the IoE is a mainly human phenomenon and elves seem to dwell outside its influence).

I just hope whatever Miura has planned is satisfying, or hell, that at least he finishes it before he dies.

The referred theory is the thread "The Idea of Evil’s grand plan" by poster Aazealh on SkullKnight.net

I believe they also predicted that there would be different God Hand members present during the fall of Gaiseric's empire two years prior to the fact being revealed to us.

Their theory concerning the IoE's plan is pretty solid, and the one I find to be most convincing.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Suddenly I'm reminded how I was first introduced to the series: Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage

I was a wee lad enjoying simple games with simple stories like Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and Skies of Arcadia... then suddenly I saw this in an issue of the Official Dreamcast Magazine. I never ended up playing the game, but was intrigued enough to look the series up and watch the 1997 animation. A decade or so passed until I read the manga, which in my eyes easily ranks as the best dark fantasy series around!

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 15, 2021

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
drat, I just heard.

The world has lost a true legend. :(

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Seeing as how this chapter literally finishes with "THE END", I'm not expecting any releases beyond it.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 10, 2021

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Mori is the optimal choice, IMO. He'll pull this off.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mraagvpeine posted:

At least this gives us a reason to move on and go to where Rickert is.

Yep, I've been curious as to what Rickert and co. are up to! Definitely looking forward to seeing post-slap events.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are we sure that IOE still is a thing after all these years?

It's alluded to in later chapters. Explicit knowledge of it is de-canonized, but I don't think that really makes a difference.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

LordMune posted:

Whichever group is doing those speed scanlations isn't butchering the translation, which is a nice change of pace after like 20 years of non-Evil Genius clowns doing their best to ruin Berserk from time to time.

To toot my own horn for a bit the Evil Genius release still has better visual quality and typesetting!

The quality of this release is incredible! Great work.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
https://berserk-me.com/

Countdown appeared on the official site.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Decent chapter. I found this one to be more coherent than the previous release.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

GateOfD posted:

Who is actually in charge of the story now

Kouji Mori is supervising production and was the only person Miura divulged the entire story to, so I think he's a reasonable guess.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I think the art continues to improve. I think Casca feeling the heroic urge to return to the crew is a satisfying development.

The story continues to feel like somebody sitting on the fast forward button for these reboot chapters. But that’s okay, I guess.

Agree on all points. The panel featuring Zodd stands out to me since he appears to be ruminating in the background as opposed to kneeling before Griffith like the other apostles. Not a lot to go on... could be nothing in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Silat escaped with Rickert, so I doubt any negotiation is going to happen with with the God Hand's posterchild.