Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Samovar posted:

A bit late, but just listening to the Proud Boy manual episode, and the way the PBs fellate entrepreneurs before even their 'respect' for the first and second amendments is contemptibly servile.

The fact that "Proud Boys" comes from a B-side Aladdin track is one of those things I keep forgetting but then relearn and I cackle like an idiot everytime. Its the best form of Alzheimers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Zeniel posted:

I'm finding it very difficult to listen BtB anymore, not because of the content but because every time i listen to an episode, the episode will suddently glitch and skip to some arbitrary point and it'll do this about three times usually towards the end of an episode and then episode will suddenly just stop.

I usually listen through the google podcasts app and thought that might be why, so I switched to the iheart radio website recording and the exact same problem happened. I assume its related to the ads somehow but I dont understand why it's doing this, it never used too.

Its been happening for several episodes now and I just don't know what to do about it. :(

I listen through Spotify and had this issue with one or two episodes over the years, and yeah I think it's ad related. Also, both times the episode was fixed the next day, so maybe e-mail/tweet about them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

rotinaj posted:

the btb folks have been super cool about fans writing in about the scam gold ad sponsor, i am sure they will be super cool about this

I am not sure whats going on about this, but seems funny. But anytime there is a legit technical issue they have always been transparent and diligent about fixing it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

rotinaj posted:

They set a precedent of not wanting ads by lovely sponsors early on and would make fun of things like the washington state highway patrol taking out ads on btb

Then when they started getting ads for “the economy is about to collapse, invest in gold!” ads that prey on old boomers and the few Greatest gen folk left, fans wrote in to be like “this seems antithetical to y’alls beliefs”, and at first they said nothing, then started to get really snippy about how they know there are lovely scam ads on the show. I suspect iheart told them to deal with it and accept the ad money.

Its one thing to complain about ad reads by the host, but any other ad is just that. Like, probably not a conscience decision or one that comes from above. I also just hit fast forward 30 seconds 3 times and the ads are over, so I hear about 9 seconds of them total.

edit: and I thought they made fun of them for wasting their money on this demographic. Like sure, go ahead and play your boomer ads and give us money, you are getting exactl zero dollars back on your investment.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

After listening to part two of the kidnapping series, I have come to the conclusion that all suburban white women need a productive hobby so they don't come up with bullshit, like that cheese on your car's hood means you're marked for kidnapping or whatever.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1682064556363771904?t=NY_uB7yLtoX646Ejws_PTw&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently frequent show guest Jamie Loftus is a producer on a Star Trek show now?

https://twitter.com/jamieloftushelp/status/1699911674537607356?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

I saw that! She has been a staff writer since season 2, so cool to see her get a title bump.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The only thing I really remember was them bleeping put his specific birthday, even though he has said multiple times the year he graduated high school, which pretty firmly gives his age.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This is Jamie Loftus erasure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Podcasting seems to operate in a grey area and I think most of the time its one person goes on a podcast in exchange for the host being a guest on the other person's podcast later on. And then some of the other (bigger, famous) ones its like a talk show in that for exchange of being on the podcast, they advertise the new book/movie/TV show

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Robert's idea that Timothy Chalemet should undergo a Christian Bale-like body transformation to play SBF is the best idea he has had in a long time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Welp, the episodes on [REDACTED] are gone. I was only through the first one, but I am sure I can find a link on reddit sooner or later.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

bobjr posted:

Yeah I think the entire cast of that 70’s show openly supported Hyde’s actor when he was sent to jail for rape

Not Topher, he is an angel. Also Kitty didn't say anything, so also an angel.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Your phrasing here made me nervous so I had to go check but Debra Jo Rupp is still alive. But in the process I found that she did indeed write the judge requesting leniency for Masterson, so that's worse.

Oh really? I read somewhere that she and Topher were the only two main cast not to do so, but guess it was mistaken.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

killhamster posted:

I like Ed (he is my friend online) but he definitely needs a guest or co-host. Alone it's just too much like being lectured.

The Dollop actually started as just Dave reading a script. It was like 2 episodes before he realized he needed Gareth.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I kind of prefer the "small stakes" bastards like this, and like when they cover Thomas Kinkaid or Lisa Frank on The Dollop. Yes, they are evil exploitative people, but its not like engineering a genocide that we get a lot of the time. Even the Dilbert one had this air of absurdity the whole time because every step of the way you are just like "this is the guy behind loving Dilbert..."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lol, I like when contemporary bastards get namedropped like this

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1772447026753495380?t=_QHJBq3DnV73DQ5DHPB_Bg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Annath posted:

Did Robert ever issue a correction/retraction about that stuff? He's done so before, albeit usually about incorrect details rather than poor research and incorrect information slandering a still living person.

I haven't listened yet, but last time something like this happened by the time I got to it there was already a little pop in during the episode, right after the fact, so I will you know if there is anything when I do listen later today/tomorrow.

Edit: just realized this week is a rerun, so I imagine a correction would be there already

swickles fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 2, 2024