Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Froghammer posted:

It looks like he's out for good, he was only able to wrench his way back in the first time by being majority shareholder and that's no longer the case.

It's unlikely he'll do jail time, civil lawsuits can take years, and when he dies he'll die a millionaire, but at the very least he's finally lost control of the media empire he's spent his entire life building. Cold comfort.

if Robert does any follow-up eps on Vince, I reeeeally hope he gets different guests who understand wrestling and Vince’s history and takes a backseat to let the host cover Vince’s misdeeds. the whole series he did on Vince wildly missed the mark and didn’t even mention poo poo from the past 20 years or glossed over other things. honestly incredibly disappointed after looking forward to the series and his take on Vince/WWE and how many eps were dedicated to that.

Vince killed a wrestler by cheaping out on a harness, leading to the wrestler (Owen Hart, who was universally beloved) falling like, 80 feet to his death. his fall broke the ring and Vince proceeded to continue the whole show, forcing Owen’s friends to preform in said broken ring that was still covered in Owen’s blood.

also the whole “Chris Benoit murders his family and kills himself” deal, covering up ongoing sexual abuse of trainees (and then *rehiring* the abuser), setting up a massive deal to run shows in Saudi Arabia, covering up the assault that wrestler Ashley Massaro suffered during a show for the US military (she eventually took her own life)… there’s so much more there that he just didn’t bother with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

BtB has gone downhill and it’s a huge bummer. used to be appointment listening for me. also drives me mad that other CZM pods are pushed into the feed for it.

I’ve scooted over to listening to the Swindled podcast. extremely grim and in-depth, only one host and he uses a fair amount of audio from news and interviews.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

teen witch posted:

Antifascism means that we also support people ditching fascism, especially if they got into it as a stupid kid. I think, if anything, we need to make a bigger point that anyone can leave the hatred behind and join the rest of humanity. It won’t be easy, sure, but it should absolutely be encouraged and supported.

this is such a perfect way to say it, thank you.