Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I like this podcast quite a bit and robert evans is pretty good, but I honestly think it may have the biggest variance of quality in any podcast I like between its strong and weak episodes.

I think a lot of it has to do with the guest. As examples, bill cosby and Steven seagal are exceptional episodes, and both of them have strong guests

Sometimes he gets people on who dont add much other than "oh my god how appalling I can't even" and the eps end up a bit lacking for it. He seems to be at his best with a good foil

Also, its sister show Worst Year Ever is worth a listen as kind of like a Chapo-lite

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Billy Wayne is on the trillbillies patreon this week

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Worst year ever is getting pretty bad. Last ep just had Katy yelling at cody about how her mentions are sexist and that anyone posting snakes at warren or thinking she's a liar is also sexist and then shutting him down when he offered any counterpoint. Had to shut it off after like 30 minutes.

Not sure what the model for it was, but if it's just going to be "friends get angry at each other over politics" I think I'm going to pass

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

GunFondler42069 posted:

I was actually a pretty hardcore Republican when I got on Something Awful. Getting repeatedly owned in D&D was an important growth experience.

Name checks out

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also the black Panthers episode was real good

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is seanbaby coming back

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Same Great Paste posted:

Now that bloomberg's out it's a little irrelevant, but holy poo poo the bloomberg ep of worst year is such a cathartic hate-listen. I needed this.

The first 15 minutes are one person dominating the conversation to whine about their Twitter interactions and talk about how Bernie bros are too angry while claiming to have voted for Bernie anyways and then talking over anyone who tries to add in

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Oh yeah, my bad I still have the Bloomberg one in queue

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
It may even be true it's just not interesting. It's the most facile analysis possible.

If I wanted to listen people talk about how bernie bros need to do some growth and maybe think about what they're doing?? I'd just watch MSNBC. That was the actual mayo pete line if attack

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey Robert since you read this thread sometimes I would love to ask you and Cody and Katy how you all feel about starting a podcast called “Worst Year Ever” and then extinction level events occurring!

I’m just asking because Cody is has always sort of employed this incredible energy in his performance and readings because of clearly pent up rage and frustration. He’s always seemed like a drat about to burst, that’s part of his newsman ruffled collar charm, but he really lets the mask off in the last episode of Even More News and just openly weeps. I certainly wasn’t ready for it but it was a powerful island of humanity in this isolated time. The humor in your shows is very strong and almost never coming from a very “feelsy” kind of place but after listening to you all for years it was crazy how strong my response was, because you guys are my friends hanging out with me in my car all day, every day, while I’m at work.

I see now that as entertainers and educators and community leaders, the three of you called this shot from a long way off and now you’re all trying like hell to keep the ship from sinking and the content you folks put out is very valuable to me. Please stay safe and sane as best you can.

masterclass simping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I would not worry too much about making a twitter dweller mad when that person has special acronyms to denote people who disagree with them. no person alive is more primed to be angry at something than that person.

especially when the genesis of the complaint is "told a story touching on israel without saying israel delenda est both before AND after"