Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

terrorist ambulance posted:

I like this podcast quite a bit and robert evans is pretty good, but I honestly think it may have the biggest variance of quality in any podcast I like between its strong and weak episodes.

This is pretty much my take. His early episodes were really really good, with the ones on Eric Prince being my favorite, but some of the more recent episodes have been iffy for me. Like he spends too much time on nobody grifters like Jacob Wohl, and the conclusion to his Manifesto episode was really dumb.

Also when is he going to do Joe Arpaio? He promised he would like a year ago.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hey Robert, if you don't mind me asking, what was up with your guest in the Rudolf Steiner episode? He seemed..weirdly aggro compared to your other guests.

Also Joe Arpaio when? I guess you answered that with the Jefferson Davis question I guess.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 2, 2020

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Snowy posted:

Yeah I’d love to hear a 40k episode. I never played it but the premise always seemed cool and I love sweet painted miniatures. Id also like to hear about all the baby fascists who get inspired by the bad guys, whatever they’re called. There was a great thread about fascists in traditional gaming but I think it may have closed. I’ll edit in a link if I can find it. E: here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887733&perpage=40

Also Warhammer was the inspiration for one of my favorite bands, the consistently anti fascist metal thread darlings Bolt Thrower:

They even teamed up with games workshop for their early artwork

I too like WH40K, but I'm absolutely shocked that a metal band based on it are anti-fascists.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I haven't listened to every podcast, but did they really get a Koch Industries ad, or was that just a joke?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

timp posted:

Robert has repeatedly said that the bastards he features have to be impressive in some way and there's absolutely nothing impressive about a pencil necked little poo poo picking up a gun and firing into a church hall full of unsuspecting people.

He made multiple episodes on Jacob Wohl.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

AFewBricksShy posted:

Hearing the Phyllis Schafly episode, it makes me wonder: if you took one person out of the timeline "Looper" style, who would it be to fix the poo poo show we are in right now?

Thomas Midgley would probably be on the list for the environmental devastation (and the lead poisoning boomer brains). Schafly's got to be on the list for politics.

Woodrow Wilson.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

AFewBricksShy posted:

Elaborate please. I know he was a giant racist, but I don't know anything more about him/his legacy.

I'm just going to link Cynical Historian's 2-parter on Wilson.

tl;dw: Wilson popularized Southern Lost Cause mythology, along with the second KKK. Basically created American Imperialism as we know it today, arguably set up the conditions that would lead to WWII, and not mentioned in the videos: suppressed the Women's Sufferage movement.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

teen witch posted:

So with the latest episode on the school of the Americas, was anyone else’s podcast randomly skipping backwards like a minute and repeating itself? iOS’s podcasts app does this with BtB on occasion but the last half of part one was like, an extra five min long due to it just “nope you need to hear all this murder again!”

Not a full minute, but I've definitely had repeated bits. I thought it was some editing error.

This is with Podcast Addict on Android btw.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

A lot of the ads are loving hilarious and gross contrasted with the sort of content on BTB/WYE/Zeitgeist.

Seriously most of the ads are the most stereotypical "girlboss" stuff ever, to the point of parody.

Hey Robert, are there any plans to move away from iHeart Radio? If only to spare your viewers these ads.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

The Sigma Male poo poo is funny because they’ve essentially created a paroxysm of modern gender dynamics but instead of a transgender person moving from one gender to another they just identify as a different kind of guy.

Uh I don't think guys who buy into this Sigma Male stuff unironically are trans.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I lurked here for years because of LPs, but finally pulled the trigger when I saw SA was actually walking the walk in terms of progressivism, compared to other places.

I never bothered with 4chan though, I knew that place was a shithole from the get go.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

As someone who is fully reiki certified, this is 90% of clients. The remaining 10% smell terrible.

I got certified lvl 1-2 after college, and then took my lvl 3 cert a few years later. I’m super into meditation and related personal therapies, but I don’t believe in crystals or magic or astrology, I just believe in the healing power of the human body and I think reiki triggers psychosomatic healing states in certain kinds of people and I wanted to explore that. You meet charlatans ALL THE TIME, but woo-woo people are all HUGE gossips so you only have to worry about the ones who come into the community already rich, because they will sue you.

source your quotes

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

lotta people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ITT, just blowing their energy reserves posting about podcasts and suddenly getting just completely overwhelmed by someone else’s opinion. That does sound like an exhausting way to live.

yeah maybe they should get a Totally Legit Reiki session instead

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Owlkill posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on who the best cohosts/ones to avoid are? I've only listened to a few episodes and so far Propaganda and Paul F Tomkins stand out as good (engaging with the topic, their input is funny/interesting), but most recently I was trying to listen to the crypto episodes and Sofiya Alexandra makes it pretty unlistenable, she seems to just keep talking over Robert and repeating her own jokes without really engaging with the topic much.

That one guy from the Rudolf Steiner episode. He was waay too aggro to the point where even Robert was weirded out by it. He never came back thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Do any/all of the podcasts apps work with Google car play? That's my main time listening is on the commute to/from work.

Podcast Addict definitely does.