Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

At long last, I can finally pitch my half-baked idea for a Behind the Bastards April Fools' Day special episode that explains the needlessly convoluted backstory of some fictional bastard to whoever is unlucky enough to be the guest that week :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I think it's worth mentioning that you really should listen to the episode before you decide what would be "out of place", because it had an entirely different tone from the usual BtB dissertation where Robert is clearly following a script/outline of the information he wants to cover about the subject. This was a much more casual bullshitting session about their personal stories.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Bust Rodd posted:

Like I completely understand Robert goes on to explain that this dude sucks and is weird and a kook. I don’t think their issue is in representing them in a good light, the issue seems to be “why even interview someone who maybe participated in the Israeli POGROM... at all?”

quote:

So, I was out nowhere adjacent. I was in a rural town that was kinda bordered by loving nowhere. This would've been five, six years ago with my partner at the time, and it was around Thanksgiving. We were out on the town, walking around, and she had an Israeli Air Force shirt on. It was not a political statement. I don't think either of us were... Yeah, she liked the logo on it, it's a shirt she'd had for years. So she's wearing this shirt, and a guy picks it out. And he's like "hey, it's good to see somebody else who likes Israel, you know I was in the IDF." And we're like "oh, cool" and we talked for like ten minutes. And he invites us over to his house for dinner for the night. And this is a guy... late forties, early fifties, something like that. Does not sound Israeli, he sounds very American. But you know, there's a sizable number of American-born Jewish folks who went to Israel, served in the IDF, then came back, just a thing that happens. So no alarm bells yet, just this nice guy who invites us out to his farm.

And the story goes on from there about how he was a huge weirdo with a child bride. Make of it what you will.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

You don't know true suffering until you've gotten the "he never passes the rock" Geico ad twice in a row during the same break.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

DC Murderverse posted:

Weird question: I always listen to Behind the Bastards but don’t always listen to Worst Year Ever. Tonight I started up the latest episode of WYE and in the first two ad segments I’ve heard 3 ads for hospice services (the second time it was just the same ad twice). I know that the ads are targeted based on the local election ads I’ve heard in the past, and literally yesterday my mom emailed me and my sister about starting to talk about hospice care for my dad. Is this a really weird coincidence that just happened because BtB and WYE have different ad sets and I don’t listen often to the latter or am I gonna have to go turn off some “please take all my private information” settings on my phone?

I have been getting those hospice ones pretty relentlessly as well recently, and other than having parents in their 60's with no major health issues, I can't imagine why they would personalize that for me. Seems to me like someone is just paying a premium like those flood of Bloomberg ads.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I really should've known Robert was some CIA psyop for the American Empire when he was able to so vividly describe Schumer's weird spore dick.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

fishing with the fam posted:

I was thinking about giving Knowledge Fight a try after hearing the hosts on BtB, but was intimidated by the massive backlog of episodes. Can you just jump in any time and not be completely swamped by what I can only assume is an insane Alex Jones background history?

I think the only thing of significance that you'd be missing (as far as understanding goes because there's a ton of quality content there) is just how much patience Dan has lost when it comes to Alex Jones over the past few years. He still puts in the same level of effort when it comes to debunking claims, but back when the show first started, you could tell that he was bending over backwards just to give InfoWars as much benefit of the doubt as possible. If you listen to the first episode and a more current one, it's like night and day.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 20, 2021

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, that was... more than a little jarring from how good the first two episodes had been up to that point. I feel like even Robert was caught off-guard by that claim from how quickly he brushed over it and didn't even try to respond, like he couldn't think of a way to refute that without getting completely sidetracked from the Kissinger conversation and killing the mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

After The War posted:

Please tell me that was from a review for "Behind the Police."

If I'm remembering correctly, it was actually in reference to some completely random episode that had nothing to do with cops, but they came back from the break and started making fun of how the WA police had bought ad time on a previous episode — about on par with that one time where Bloomberg tried to advertise on Worst Year Ever and they just spent the entire time roasting the gently caress out of him as a candidate.