Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Snowy posted:

There was some other word he pronounced weird that made me snicker but then I figured I probably make a bunch of mistakes like that but don’t have an audience ready to point it out. Now I’m afraid to say anything :ohdear:

He has also pronounced basically everything relating to Australia wrong

Edit: I didn't know a whole lot about Kaiser Wilhelm and I burst out laughing finding out that he was extremely horny on main.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

Groverhaus will be SA's only true legacy. In a thousand years our modern political spats will be long forgotten, but that insulated staircase will remain. A symbol of man's folly stretching off into eternity.

Also that flying fox that existed only to kill kids.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Hobby Lobby episode was... alright I suppose. The owner is certainly a piece of poo poo thanks to opening the floodgates for Religious Exemption cases and you only have to tell me that someone is an infamous Evangelical or Pentecostal Christian for me to have a negative reaction. Just seemed like a kinda weakish subject because I was expecting him to be absolutely batshit like the Sea Monkey's guy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

bobjr posted:

The Knicks joke this episode made me want more Sports Bastards, but that is a lot of personal preference.

Vince McMahon? It's fake sport but the dude is an absolute monster.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The Scientology episodes are probably in the top 10 of the entire show really just unbelievable

Yeah, it's wild to get to the end of the first three parts and get hit with "LRH lived for another 10 years" because that guy crammed a lot of his nonsense into his life.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I don't know how someone can go "known hater of fascism, apartheid and supporter of the Kurds actually really likes the IDF and hates Palestinian rights"

Like the double think there is just astounding. But I guess in this world if you don't explicitly call something out than you're all for it according to Twitter.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 16, 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm just waiting for an episode on George Arthur. Even among the various governors during Australia's colonial past he was a level above them in cruelty and almost killed every single Indigenous Tasmanian and set up camps in the Tasman strait where anyone that survived the Black war ended up either succumbing to disease or was kidnapped and raped by whalers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The first ad for me is almost always Robert trying to sell me ExpressVPN.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mr. Fix It posted:

when i first held my son, i was overcome with the realization that one day i would die. that one day, god willing, this boy would bury me. i can only imagine that robert now feels the same way after his pod son garrison hosted like an old hand.

The only thing Robert wants is for Garrison to lead a coup and take over his pods.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm starting to see why people say that True Crime podcasts are catnip to white women, why else would there be that many out there,

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

If this was bad for you, don't listen to the Dollop's episode on Maquarie island. I think that's the episode that broke Gareth the most.

Robert was right, that is 1) a big rear end egg and 2) a really cool looking egg.

Also I'm pretty sure I heard (and it was not given nearly enough attention) that one of the effects of being on the island too long was that you'd see your name written in the patterns on the eggs?

Yeah Robert bought that up, it's such a strange but interesting way that the island would get to people.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

metachronos posted:

Can't wait to listen to the ep about Rubin. I hate that motherfucker. Can we get one about Andy N'go and Tim Pool too please.

Robert did one on Ngo last year, it was essentially a two parter with James O'Keefe on right wing news grifters.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I once got the ad for Lily Allen's vibrator four times over two ad breaks

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Robert, does Anderson have a sheath that contains a machete for dogs?

Also how many knives does Sophie have?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeFight/comments/k66j2b/ooh_god/

Oh... yayyyyyy. Joe Rogan went on Infowars, he's gotta be due an episode right?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Do you think interviewing lovely people on a podcast makes you one of history’s greatest monsters? In the beginning, Robert told us he would shy away from contemporary conservative talking heads like Rogan or Shapiro because they were just dipshits and not actually evil. I was genuinely surprised that we got a JORP episode.

Edit: to clarify, I think if Robert wanted to he could pull it off, but I think he’d be better off waiting for Rogan to do something more nakedly evil than just host Candace Owens. Like Alex Jones straight harassing the parents of murdered children or JORP pushing a generation of Incels towards a theocratic ideology of fascism and govt. sponsored sexual slavery. Those are worth talking about. Rogan is still just an increasingly conservative idiot, you can watch the money poison his mind in real time.

Is Dave Rubin?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

poly and open-minded posted:

Echoing this. The part with the AIDS quilt gave me actual chills.

It's something that would have driven him insane if he were alive, being told that you are one of us no matter what you said and did and no matter how much you hated us. It is a serious power move

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Double posting but this week should be a doozy because it's all about how the John Birch Society shaped the modern far right.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 15, 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

we're launching a new miniseries on fascist insurrections

It's called "Who could have possibly seen this coming"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That's weird because he's stated outright a whole bunch of times that he's an anarchist who thinks governments should be abolished. Admittedly I've only listened to about half the stuff he's put out but that doesn't really scream "left-liberal" to me.

I don't know how someone can listen to the women's war and think Robert is anything other than an anarchist.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Goons. Not even once

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Robert refuses to recognize Australia by pronouncing our dumb poo poo correctly

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Well at least now we know how Bernie killed JFK although I don't approve of the time travelling shenanigans.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

speaking of the dumbass derail and weird black and white tankie poo poo.

i know Robert already covered the Japanese red army. but there is a great story about a smaller group that basicaly killed the left in japan called the united red army. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Red_Army they legit killed most of their memeber in "self criticism" sessions in the moutains and than the survovors took hostages in a lodge and it turned into a violent blood bath. basicaly the leaders had been embarased in a bigger lefty group and they split off and got ultra stupid about it,

there is a fantastic movie from japan about it that i recommend to everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Red_Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asama-Sans%C5%8D_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Red_Army_(film)

it would be an interesting episode, i am sure you could tie some deep lesson in with it.

While he hasn't done a deep dive on them, he did cover them in the Golden Age of Hijacking episode.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Well of course Garrison is neutral evil, he keeps on performing coups. Chaotic neutral is pretty fitting for Robert though since he has powerful CN energy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I forgot to say last week but Robert, you butchered the pronunciation of Canberra. However I also know your disdain for Australian names so I don't know if it was accidental or intentional.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO “I’m Robert a professional political
podcaster who works for an intelligence agency. I have nO iDeA who the most successful political podcasters on Earth are!” lmao suuuuure Bobby.

Also you have literally name dropped Cum Town multiple times on your own programs

He's name dropped Cum Town because it's a funny name,

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Buggalo posted:

Yeah, the latest episode hit me hard because my mom is from Dayton and had me in 1988 in Kettering. She could have easily been one of his patients.

Definitely had to take a break when Robert started talking about the specifics of the “improvements”, Christ what a bastard.

I had the same reaction for the episode involving the birth control device that loving destroyed women's vaginas. I was on the bus at the time going to work and I had to stop it because of how awful it all was.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Can't wait for tankies to roll in and ruin this thread again.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

An insane mind posted:

I'm really glad this thread is open again but I'm also sad we haven't had a Billy Wayne Davis episode in yonks.

I believe that guests not getting paid is a big problem with iHeartMedia podcasts and was a sticking point because you're still taking a massive chunk outta your day.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

Thanks for the info! I always feel better having a jumping off point for shows I'm a late comer to.

I recommend the Formulaic Objections ones, they're about the Sandy Hook deposition.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

What about italians?

https://youtu.be/UyFwViOiAqY

loving eye ties!

As someone from Italian ancestry, please feel welcome to ridicule us.

Robert regularly shits on Italians.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

You gotta wonder how things would have gone if she had a different upbringing, maybe she'd have always been a hosed up individual but it really seems like the parents couldn't figure out how to raise a severely autistic child.

Somewhat controversial but I would very much like everyone involved with kiwi farms to die in a loving fire.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 13, 2022

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The funniest Max Landis story will always be him pretending to be an ex-girlfriend on another forum that I posted on. 'She' had a weird vendetta against Kelly Kelly and would always praise his stuff a little too much.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

We got another Alex Jones episode, this time with Dan & Jordan from Knowledge Fight.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thecluckmeme posted:

I distinctly remember them already covering the Dilburrito, was there a Scott Adams episode?

I swear I've listened to a podcast about how much of a piece of poo poo Adams is but I was convinced that BTB did it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

After The War posted:

So it was Washington State Highway Patrol, gotcha.

No it was clearly Blue Apron taking offence at Robert revealing their child hunt island.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

For me nothing can beat those two ladies from the Reagan's astrologer eps who just kept yasqueening her and undermining Robert almost every step of the way. I can definitely understand cheering for someone screwing over Reagan but they seemed adamant in ignoring the other people she ended up hurting in the process.

Yeah I found them really frustrating. You can applaud someone loving over the Reagans but they're were just far too positive about a woman that ended up hurting a lot of people.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Thinking of those eary WYE ever episodes, I believe that is when Sofie learned that she can just yell at people and its great. She was this occassional squeek in the back ground, but months of riding roughshode on Robert (who, at the time, I think was still doing harder drugs) made her a very present and assertive presence in the show to the point BtB is no good without spicy Sofie telling Robert to loving act right. I don’t know how much of that is them being their performative selves, but it a delightful dynamic.

The power of machetecine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Todays episode sounds pretty interesting, I'm always interested in how Rome went to poo poo.