Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That's funny; most white Americans know nothing about the Panthers but that they were black, carried guns, and wore berets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
System Mastery is excellent. I'm very into tabletop but it's the only tabletop podcast I regularly listen to. Hell of a Way to Die also did a 40k episode once, if that appeals to you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Vince McMahon is a perfect choice!

I think the problem with Garrison and Chick is that there's not enough biographical information about them. There are whole books written about Vince being a weird gently caress.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

You have his aggressive monopoly seeking, Wendy Richter, federal steroid prosecution he got acquitted on, the ringboy scandal all before '92
Much worse than loving over Richter specifically is his decades-long boosting of...

quote:

a lesser known piece of poo poo would be the Fabulous Moolah who was a woman wrestler who ran a wrestling training school that she also pimped her trainees out to promoters and male wrestlers
gently caress, you edited it!

In addition to the human trafficking, which is of course much worse, Moolah is pretty much singlehandedly the reason that women's wrestling in the US was a joke for decades.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Jim Barnett would be worth doing, since his scandals (i.e. sexual predation) cross over from wrestling to college sports.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I think Evans is more likely to focus on the shadowy and lesser-known zillionaires behind pieces of poo poo like Shapiro and Owens, who are replaceable and interchangeable. Which is good.

Speaking of which, if you enjoy deep dives on obscure but influential horrible people, I Don't Speak German goes into some of the horrible individuals on the far right that Evans mentions often.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's like a self-inflicted Stand Alone Complex. Bernie Bros where cynically mad eup by the Hillary campaign and 2016 and somehow a large amount of people have convinced themselves they are real and react to every slightly negative comment from the left as if they were harassment attacks from the mythical Bernie Bros.
Wait until people realize that the Soviet Union didn't conspire with Mitch McConnell to steal the election.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Most of the people Evans covers are long dead, or celebrities. Doing a deep dive into the worst cops in America could get him sued, or he'll be found in a burnt-out car after committing suicide by driving a machete into the back of his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Bored As gently caress posted:

It limits collateral damage. It's actually a really good invention, and it would've been great if we'd had it 20 years ago, because a lot of innocent people - men, women, children - would still be alive today if we had it then.
A kindler, gentler machinegun hand.