Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Love the show. Although, as I said in the podcast rec thread, I sometimes can’t handle how horrible some of the bastards really are.
As a bit of an exception, the Steven seagal ones are hilarious, even though he also is a loving monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Snowy posted:

He’d probably have to make a new account so we can’t read all his embarrassing tcc posts

No he has an active account. But I have no idea who it is, nor if he still posts a lot.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

An insane mind posted:

I thought he said in his last episode (The man trying to resurrect 8chan...) that he got banned? I also unironically love the Behind the Bastards podcast, even though some of the bastards make me physically ill. I'm surprised the Dutch and their history of bastardism haven't shown up yet. We're unironically pretty horrible.

yes, but I asked him on twitter and he bought a new account afterwards.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I feel his guest missed her cue when she asked if ‘lickspittle’ is a real word or something he made up. He answered it is a real word and he heard it on the simpsons.

How can you not reply with.
‘It's a perfectly cromulent word? ‘

Never mind , I’m just old.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Mr E posted:

Pretty much every episode makes me mad (except the executioner for Nazis for obvious reasons), but god drat this newest one for this week is infuriating.

This is the reason I can’t listen too often to behind the bastards and the dollop anymore...

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

it's a non-explosive kinetic payload

basically picture a road runner cartoon where wil. e coyote is shooting a loving rocket propelled anvil at himself from space that also has blades just in case

its basically just gonna kill whatever the gently caress it lands on instead of exploding and wiping out an entire wedding

they just assassinated one of osama bin laden's son in laws who was an al-queda commander and this is supposedly the wreckage

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/1272604618682322945

This is some seriously weird gijoe future we're living in.
How much does one of these things cost?

Also, working my way through behind the police and it feels like the US would be a better place if everybody had to listen to it.
It's very depressing, though.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Oof, the zuckerberg episode.
I wish every facebook user was forced to listen to this.
It reminded me of a friend who worked at twitter in 2012.
back then he was one of few, if not the only person, who had to moderate every twitter user in Mexico, and I think even a large part of South America.
Including Brasil, a Portuguese speaking nation. A language he didn't speak. But it was close enough to Spanish according to his bosses.
The damage these companies have done to societies around the globe is hard to overstate.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

GunFondler42069 posted:

I know there are folks who think I could do a patreon or whatever, and I'm sure i could, but i have several issues with that:

1. I like the team I work with at iHeart (esp sophie) and no patreon I could reasonably get would pay us all living wages and healthcare

2. we are in a pandemic and economic downturn, money is very tight especially for a lot of the people who like my work. i have friends who make their living off patreon and that pool of money is not endless

3. generally crowdfunding involves backer-exclusive content, and i like that everything i put out is free to anyone who wants to listen

4. the size of their network is significant and they do a great job of amplifying my work. i think the stuff i'm putting out there is important, and because of iheart's reach I am able to reach millions of folks.

5. You announcing the ad break has become an integral part of the show.

I can't complain about the ads, it's probably because I'm Belgian and there no real companies with PRODUCTS that have any interest in this neck of the woods,
so I only ever get ads for other podcasts.
Oh, and the one from the British government telling their Belgium dwelling citizens to prepare for Brexit and get a British driver license.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Robert's sci-fi novel should be a series on netflix or something.

He can have a cameo in it as a neurologically altered fighter.
And ask Charlie Brooker to be the British journalist.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

if nothing else than to rib the guy for mispronouncing Portland landmarks
Mispronouncing stuff is Robert’s thing.
It’s also every American’s thing when pronouncing foreign names.

mrfart fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 21, 2021

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

GunFondler42069 posted:

yeah, SA was definitely a factor in my political radicalization, because I kept getting into arguments online over (initially) the Iraq war and gradually realized that the people arguing against me all had much better arguments

I read something awful from the very beginning. It took years before I subscribed to the forum, though, and it loving scared me back then.
I remember seeing threads were people were mocked for saying they wouldn't want to shoot a burglar and make sure he was dead.
Others were ironically admiring some lunatic who had shot a teenager dead who had keyed his BMW.
Even later with the Iraq war I couldn't believe how many people were for it, I remember even zack parson writing he was against it and Lowtax was a bit more to the right, but that maybe everyone could have a balanced opinion and watch CNN as well as FOX.

Things like that made me visit these forums (or fora, as Robert calls them) very selectively.
It changed a lot, probably because the right wingers left for more extreme hangouts. which was a positive thing for this place, but on the other hand, the impressionable kids dropped in the chans or at the mercy of youtube algorithms are less likely to come out somewhat sane on the other end.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I thought all that talk about raytheon promo was a joke. This showed up on Twitter:

I guess I have to thank Robert for this, because I’m guessing I’m getting this because I follow him or because I once googled it to know what it was.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
The 'nazi pedophile cult leader who murdered santa' episodes really delivered.
Also, had paul f tompkins as a guess.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DC Murderverse posted:

Langston Kerman

Was about to answer the same thing.

My momma told me is funny as hell and fitted the episode of btb he guested on.

It’s ok if they’re there to promote something, as long as they’re good and interested in the subject.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Sab Sabbington posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't believe just how much worse Kissinger was than I'd previously thought--I didn't think it was possible, but here we are.

This whole thing is like a Reverse Dollop, but we also get Gareth losing his poo poo.

Yeah, I listened to the first 2, and so far it's wild.

There was a bit of an awkward moment at the end where Anthony seems to subscribe to a theory that Biden pulled back out of Afghanistan to start a war in Ukraine or something?
I dunno, I don't listen to the dollop anymore, I don't know where he's at.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
So, who’s island can I hunt and eat children?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

thecluckmeme posted:

and that's why you bleep the name

robert evans you magnificent bastard

I just finished listening to The War on Everyone episodes and the show is so much more fun to listen to when there's a 10 pack of perrier on the line

I listened to this on soundcloud (was it ever released in the podcast itself?). Anyway, great listen, but at the end soundcloud started to play ‘similar content’:

I had to look up who this was:

James Wesley, Rawles, (sic) a former U.S. Army intelligence officer and self-described religious separatist who once called Islam a “religion of evil and death,” thinks a “war of world views” may come as early as 2020. And he’s urging his readers to strategically relocate inland to red states.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Is Sophie being on the run from the ATF a bit? Or is she legit in trouble?
I can't even tell anymore.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
What was that bullshit on having made the wrong choice going for the Sega Genesis?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

rotinaj posted:

Did anyone else get nonstop gold ads during the last 2 Andrew Tate episodes and this ceaucescue episode? The company is shady as gently caress and is advertising itself through a phone number, not with a website or even the company name, and they are selling"wealth protection kits" to avoid the upcoming economic apocalypse

The gently caress

I never had anything else but podcast commercials on btb. That’s probably because I’m from Europe and they don’t have any products that sell over here. It’s increasingly shittier podcasts, but still less bad than shady gold companies or something I guess.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It’s completely random apperently and it basically selects who throws money in the pot.

It’s not totally random. At the very least, it adjust for foreign listeners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

rotinaj posted:

Mostly unrelated, but between that aspect and my own issues, this is a hard listen.

I am a picky, fussy rear end in a top hat and I very rapidly begin to hate listening to things for childish reasons. I cannot cope with wet mouth sounds, people chewing out loud, stuff like that. One thing that keeps cropping up in podcasts for me is when people stumble over their words, get too excited, and start stuttering, stammering, and gabbling. Henry Zebrowski on Last Podcast on the Left is extremely bad about this.

Mia is also extremely exciteable and does this and it just kills me. Thanks, childhood trauma, misophonia is a great gift

I get what you’re saying, but I felt Robert was a bit fast in cutting her off or interjecting with jokes that kinda killed the rhythm of the whole narrative.