Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tua probably played his last college game and now faces like a whole loving year of rehab. The good news: Doctors expect a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1195881695876132865

Also that sideline photographer who got blown up was treated for a concussion and released

https://twitter.com/ArchithNEWS/status/1196078896363528192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know that we actually need another one of these every week when the last one didn't even crack 10 pages but I will take this opportunity to once again gloat about AJ Epenesa dunking the fraudulent Gophers in a toilet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern winning by 39 on a 40 point spread against the worst team in college football is the funniest poo poo in the world and I don't even gamble, just imagining a gambler degenerate enough to bet on this game flipping out when NU hit the onside in the 4th quarter for no reason has me cackling.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa State wins a close one after losing a whole bunch of close ones. Bowl eligible, and with a likely win over Kansas next week we’ll guarantee a winning season. A winning season is always a good year for ISU, but a little disappointing considering the hype. Could still finish 8-4 though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

the worst team in college football .

give Akron the respect they deserve, dammit

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Reposting this cause the old one closed right after.

quote:

"I don't want Tua to die behind the dolphins o-line"

*Monkey paw curls up*

Also, I did actually tear my hamstring yesterday so I guess roll tide in solidarity.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

give Akron the respect they deserve, dammit

I cannot disparage Akron

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

I don't know that we actually need another one of these every week when the last one didn't even crack 10 pages but I will take this opportunity to once again gloat about AJ Epenesa dunking the fraudulent Gophers in a toilet

I always appreciate a fresh start and new week to be organized in.

But this season does feel like it's less interesting than previous.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Normally don't hang out here but figured a doctor breaking down Tua's injury would be welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QSMsRWXLQ

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am sad, TFF.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I cannot disparage Akron

I swear I had completely forgotten that happened lol

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
9-1 is a lot better than I was expecting at this point in the year. Fields is going to have a field day with our defense next week. The pass rush has mindbogglingly vanished and the secondary has looked real bad for a few weeks now. Anything can happen I guess and either way a trip to the rose bowl is possible

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Oh that guy ran past me ok

That's the Penn State secondary right now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just gonna post this again because things are rather dire. Yeah Georgia and Florida are pretty good defensively, but they're not this good.

https://twitter.com/Tepper/status/1195804500826693632

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Couple of few things: we beat Auburn at home which is always a wonderful thing to do. Our defense was lights out until a combo of the coaches decided to not play man to man with this had prevent zone defense, and our offense fully stopping with about 20 football minutes to go. I think we had 7 or 8 straight 3-and-outs which is just mind boggling. Bad offense leads to a tired defense. So I really don’t know what’s going to happen against LSU because their run D looks porous but we seem to have forgotten how to run. And if we get past LSU I think we get thumped by everyone else.

Feel bad for Tua, have heard all the opinions on should he have been playing with that lead and I still say he shouldn’t have been playing due to having his ankle unjustly repaired a month ago, but I’m no doctor.

As for aftermath stuff, I think just one aftermath thread would be fine. Don’t get as many posts as we had in the past.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Ducks look good but not elite. We really tried to play to lose against the dumpster fire that is Arizona football last night.

I don’t think we will win against Utah.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Its good to fully and decisively end auburn's season in their own building. Have fun in the Music City Bowl.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jake Camarda had 558 yards of punting yesterday. Go Dawgs! First downs are for snowflake Millennials.

KKKLIP ART posted:

So I really don’t know what’s going to happen against LSU because their run D looks porous but we seem to have forgotten how to run.

Best-case scenario is the OU/UGA Rose Bowl redux, where Kirby begrudgingly throws his hands up and says "fine, I guess we'll try to score every drive." Worst-case scenario is that we try to play ball control and field possession and look up and we're down 28-0 in the second quarter.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 17, 2019

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

D.N. Nation posted:

Jake Camarda had 558 yards of punting yesterday. Go Dawgs! First downs are for snowflake Millennials.

Love to have the best rb stable in the country, a breakout wr, a decent enough qb and still punt 11 times

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Love to have the best rb stable in the country, a breakout wr, a decent enough qb and still punt 11 times

On paper, the only weakness UGA's offense should have is that the 5-star stud WRs are mostly young. And that's it. Everything else is good or awesome. And yet, UGA's offensive "output" against P5 teams this season:

30, 23, 36 17, 21, 24, 27, 21. (And somehow, four of those are multi-score wins!)

e: More nonsense. UGA had 14 drives yesterday. 10 of them went for less than 10 yards. One went for 16 yards. The other three...ended in relatively easy TDs. Those three scoring drives accounted for 230 yards. Georgia had 250 yards total. What in the hell is James Coley doing. How is he doing it. I'm so confused.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 17, 2019

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Best-case scenario is the OU/UGA Rose Bowl redux, where Kirby begrudgingly throws his hands up and says "fine, I guess we'll try to score every drive." Worst-case scenario is that we try to play ball control and field possession and look up and we're down 28-0 in the second quarter.

Ball control drat near worked for Florida in Baton Rouge. But Florida can't run the ball this season, and Florida's defense is Todd Grantham coaching Jim McElwain's leftovers. Georgia doesn't have those problems. LSU just gave up 400 yards on the ground at 9 YPC to Ole Miss, and the specific antagonist of Georgia in Atlanta won't be there to haunt them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Godzilla07 posted:

Ball control drat near worked for Florida in Baton Rouge. But Florida can't run the ball this season, and Florida's defense is Todd Grantham coaching Jim McElwain's leftovers. Georgia doesn't have those problems. LSU just gave up 400 yards on the ground at 9 YPC to Ole Miss, and the specific antagonist of Georgia in Atlanta won't be there to haunt them.

LSU got gashed by Ole Miss but it was mostly their complete inability to deal with Plumlee running the option. Otherwise they've been a solid, if not spectacular, run defense. Georgia's run game is built very differently and you can't really compare one to another.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1196144216684072963

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Iowa state didn’t gently caress up a game winning field goal for a change and I took a Tito’s shot to celebrate. I don’t know why it seems like Purdy has regressed. Maybe there really is something about October.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

I always appreciate a fresh start and new week to be organized in.

But this season does feel like it's less interesting than previous.

It's less that and more this sport is slowly and this forum is quickly dying.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

resident posted:

Iowa state didn’t gently caress up a game winning field goal for a change and I took a Tito’s shot to celebrate. I don’t know why it seems like Purdy has regressed. Maybe there really is something about October.

I missed the second half but Purdy had pretty good stats. Why do you think he regressed?

Big thing that has plagued ISU all season is scoring TDs instead of field goals. They outgained Texas by 140 yards but barely won. They’re moving the ball, but stalling when they get close to the end zone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TipTow posted:

It's less that and more this sport is slowly and this forum is quickly dying.

I'm not gonna say SA isn't dying but I have noticed it seems to be especially true of TFF.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not gonna say SA isn't dying but I have noticed it seems to be especially true of TFF.

the nfl threads are very bad and numerous; the ncaa threads are very good but there’s only two or three of them

it’s a niche interest in a forum with a much larger and more popular subculture it shares space with; it’s why the boxing thread doesn’t do so great

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Sorry the other thread was closed. I hate when threads get closed and there isnt another one up. SAS mods really like their weeks/months organized and sometimes jump the gun. I'll try not to let it happen again.

SA is actually gaining accounts, and TFF has more view counts during large CFB games than previous years. A lot of people lurking and not posting I guess.

Make any threads you want about College Football you think will drive more discussion. Feel free to combine Aftermaths into months or leave it how it is. Let me know if I can do anything to help: stickies, free avatars, gangtags, require all posts to say how the Illini are cool and good, I dunno, I'm open to suggestions if needed.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice won its first game of the season over Middle Tennessee State. ESPN notes that this gives Rice a transitive victory over Georgia.

quote:

At Rice, however, the 31-28 victory over Middle Tennessee has huge ripple effects. Or at least it does if you like playing with the transitive property, as ESPN Stats & Info noted. Rice (1-9 on the season) beat MTSU, which beat Marshall, which beat Ohio, which beat Toledo, which has a win vs. Ball State, which beat BYU. And, of course, BYU has a win over Tennessee, and the Vols have a win over South Carolina, and South Carolina gave Georgia its only loss. So all we need is for the Dawgs to go on to win the national championship, and they'll really be partying in Houston.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

At least one football team in Houston didn't get blown out this weekend

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/DBorwig316/status/1195832984710066176?s=19

Iowa started doing this on opponent field goal attempts last night and the Gopher kicker missed a FG and an extra point long live the stink eye hawk

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky blew out Vanderbilt in a de facto home game. The crowd, small as it was, looked to be about 95% blue.

Highlight of the game might be cup snake though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/toddnky/status/1195847972677963777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

https://mobile.twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1195850202126716928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

I have no idea how many cups that is, but that's a hell of a lot of revenue right there.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'm having trouble trying to be optimistic about next weekend against the Buckeyes.....Not like "hey, they got a chance", more like "the spread is going to be like 9 and they are going to lose by 36 and why am I not betting against them right now"

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I missed the second half but Purdy had pretty good stats. Why do you think he regressed?

Big thing that has plagued ISU all season is scoring TDs instead of field goals. They outgained Texas by 140 yards but barely won. They’re moving the ball, but stalling when they get close to the end zone.

I didn’t get to watch the OU game so I’m making that statement entirely off the three bad interceptions against OkSt and a decent but not dominating performance today.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'm having trouble trying to be optimistic about next weekend against the Buckeyes.....Not like "hey, they got a chance", more like "the spread is going to be like 9 and they are going to lose by 36 and why am I not betting against them right now"

Twitter tells me the opening line is 19. That feels right.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

On paper, the only weakness UGA's offense should have is that the 5-star stud WRs are mostly young. And that's it. Everything else is good or awesome. And yet, UGA's offensive "output" against P5 teams this season:

30, 23, 36 17, 21, 24, 27, 21. (And somehow, four of those are multi-score wins!)

e: More nonsense. UGA had 14 drives yesterday. 10 of them went for less than 10 yards. One went for 16 yards. The other three...ended in relatively easy TDs. Those three scoring drives accounted for 230 yards. Georgia had 250 yards total. What in the hell is James Coley doing. How is he doing it. I'm so confused.

Kirby is doing the thing that almost every former DC not named Bob Stoops does when they get a head coaching job, and running an offense that is about making life easier for the defense (avoiding turnovers, chewing clock, playing field position) first and scoring points second. For some reason they just can't turn the defensive coordinator part of their brain off. Even Saban did it forever and probably still wants to do it deep down (just look at the years of whining that spread and hurry up should be illegal) he was just smart enough to figure out that he was putting himself at a disadvantage and now they basically are running a Big 12 offense. There's just no excuse for a team that has championship level talent like UGA to be playing like that

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 18, 2019

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

If you are a betting man, take Ohio State. They're only 19 point favorites. This is an even bigger spread than when PSU was unranked in 2016

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Joey Gatewood is going to be a Heisman contender at some point in his college career. I'm convinced that Auburn is just so hosed right now that this would be the next logical thing to come out of whatever the hell is going on with that team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Auburn seems pretty good for a team with a freshman QB. They have a win over a possible playoff team and all their losses have been close games to good teams