Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, I was just about to post this. Yin and yang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, I was just about to post this. Yin and yang

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I guess I'm not sure how losing to Georgia by one score is evidence that A&M is a terrible football team? They seem fine, all of their losses are going to be to like top 15 teams, and all but Auburn will probably be teams in the playoff or NY6. They had an insane schedule between the SEC west, a crossover game with UGA, and the Clemson game. They're gonna beat the dogshit out of some poor Big Ten team in the gator bowl or whatever

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 24, 2019

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Ducks playing to lose against ASU today.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
There are probably twenty or so teams better than A&M in most reasonably fair metrics. They're definitely a pretty good team, just not a championship contender.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

I guess I'm not sure how losing to Georgia by one score is evidence that A&M is a terrible football team? They seem fine, all of their losses are going to be to like top 15 teams, and all but Auburn will probably be teams in the playoff or NY6. They had an insane schedule between the SEC west, a crossover game with UGA, and the Clemson game. They're gonna beat the dogshit out of some poor Big Ten team in the gator bowl or whatever

They're not bad but it seems hard to see where they go from here? LSU and Alabama have a stranglehold on the West and they're already paying top dollar for their coach. There's not even a potential win against Texas to keep the boosters happy. How much longer can people at A&M be happy with fighting with Auburn for third place

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
what exactly are they going to do, drop football?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Adun posted:

They're not bad but it seems hard to see where they go from here? LSU and Alabama have a stranglehold on the West and they're already paying top dollar for their coach. There's not even a potential win against Texas to keep the boosters happy. How much longer can people at A&M be happy with fighting with Auburn for third place

Well you just keep getting better and hope the rest sorts itself out. LSU seemed a lot closer to A&M than to Bama not 12 months ago, and look at them now.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

Get the gently caress out of the SEC West

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Adun posted:

Get the gently caress out of the SEC West

how

It's not like they were winning the Big 12 every year or something, they were generally worse back then than they are now. Maybe they can join conference USA, they'd probably win that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MourningView posted:

I agree this is the best outcome for everyone

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Maybe if they ask very nicely Vanderbilt will switch divisions with them, have they tried that yet?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The concern trolling about “A&M would be better off back in the Big 12” would carry a lot more water if we were winning 9-10 games per year when we actually were in the Big 12. It’s not like we were top poo poo there and fell to middle of the pack in the SEC.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I’m going to push back and say they are a fine team but if Georgia could actually have any sort of offense with a pulse it’s a bit different. We dropped 2 touchdown passes. I know that at the end the score is the score but I think if IGA played to their actual potential as opposed to whatever it is James coley thinks our potential is, it would have been a different game.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Adun posted:

There's not even a potential win against Texas

The Texas legislature should really just get on with it and mandate they schedule each other.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Aggies basically destroyed Arkansas by moving to the SEC, that’s got to be worth something

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I’m going to push back and say they are a fine team but if Georgia could actually have any sort of offense with a pulse it’s a bit different. We dropped 2 touchdown passes. I know that at the end the score is the score but I think if IGA played to their actual potential as opposed to whatever it is James coley thinks our potential is, it would have been a different game.

I don't think losing by two scores to Hypothetical Good Offense Having Georgia is bad either, Georgia is like the fourth most talented team in the country at the absolute worst

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

how

It's not like they were winning the Big 12 every year or something, they were generally worse back then than they are now. Maybe they can join conference USA, they'd probably win that

Isn't there supposed to be a bout of realignment coming up again in a few years? Kinda seems like it'd be best for everyone if they just go back to the Big XII (along with Mizzou)

General Dog posted:

The concern trolling about “A&M would be better off back in the Big 12” would carry a lot more water if we were winning 9-10 games per year when we actually were in the Big 12. It’s not like we were top poo poo there and fell to middle of the pack in the SEC.

I mean I think Jimbo's overrated but he's a hell of a lot better than like Mike Sherman

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Adun posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a bout of realignment coming up again in a few years? Kinda seems like it'd be best for everyone if they just go back to the Big XII (along with Mizzou)

They aren't going to win the Big 12 either and they make more money now.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

They aren't going to win the Big 12 either and they make more money now.

Their last few years in the Big 12 coincided with an actual great Texas program though. I mean they're not gonna be favorites to win the Big 12 but they'll have a better shot than the 0% chance they have of winning the SEC on any given year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MourningView posted:

Maybe if they ask very nicely Vanderbilt will switch divisions with them, have they tried that yet?
We have dibs on that

Speaking of, Jimbo may have spilled some beans this week (probably amounts to nothing):

quote:

Whether any of those models have been seriously discussed by the SEC is unknown. However, Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher said this week that he believes the conference is mulling a 3-5 model (h/t FootballScoop).

“I know they’re looking at some formats going forward that, you know, keep the three main and rotate five and all those things,” Fisher said. “I think it is good for your players, eventually, to be able to play everybody in the conference. I really do believe that. I mean I think that’s good, to have that, that you’ve played that team or been in that stadium, and those things, but when you have conferences as big as you have now, that’s kind of the way it goes.”

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

2012 A&M in the Big 12 conceivably plays in the NCG. Other than that the move to the SEC was the right one, imo. Getting out of the terrible Jerryworld game with Arkansas would be ideal.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL, UC is gonna win against Temple because the Bearcats blocked an extra point attempt and ran it back for 2.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

go vandals

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cthulu Carl posted:

LOL, UC is gonna win against Temple because the Bearcats blocked an extra point attempt and ran it back for 2.

They have been trying extremely hard to lose the last month or so

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wonder how much SEC championship tickets cost as we get closer to the game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MourningView posted:

They have been trying extremely hard to lose the last month or so

Fickell's post-game was basically a bunch of "LOL I dunno" and "We're livin' dangerously"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Adun posted:

Their last few years in the Big 12 coincided with an actual great Texas program though.

Yeah those Case McCoy years were the glory days

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If A&M loses to LSU and Texas beats Tech we'll both be 7-5 and you just know some bowl will salivate at the possibility

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

If A&M loses to LSU and Texas beats Tech we'll both be 7-5 and you just know some bowl will salivate at the possibility

They’re never going to play in a bowl unless it’s an NY6.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I admittedly don't know about all the tie ins and all that but I know it was briefly floated as a possibility a few years ago before the SEC stepped in

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

This season is just building for 2021, but it's fun to upset a #6 team and rush a field on national TV whenever it happens. Go Devils.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State are once again definitively better than Rutgers

downout
Jul 6, 2009

MourningView posted:

I think it's exacerbated by the guaranteed $75 million jimbo contract. And TaM is basically the Iowa of the SEC. Take them lightly at your own expense.

They should be forced to play every bowl game to evaluate the B1G vs SEC supremacy bowl.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
texas is back, folks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddammit Oregon lost?

If this somehow leads to a 2-loss Pac 12 champ and either loving OU or loving Baylor getting into the playoffs :argh:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PostNouveau posted:

Goddammit Oregon lost?

If this somehow leads to a 2-loss Pac 12 champ and either loving OU or loving Baylor getting into the playoffs :argh:

It's going to be bama.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

downout posted:

I think it's exacerbated by the guaranteed $75 million jimbo contract. And TaM is basically the Iowa of the SEC. Take them lightly at your own expense.

They should be forced to play every bowl game to evaluate the B1G vs SEC supremacy bowl.

I think Michigan State is the clearer Big Ten analogue (Michigan is Texas and Ohio State is Oklahoma)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
They're both bad comparisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
What big ten program underachieves while spending a shitload of money.

Hint: It's not Michigan State.