Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I warned you all about James Coley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dilber posted:

I warned you all about James Coley.

Y’all also warned us Cager has bricks for hands when instead he has sticky tape hands and glass shoulders

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Akron is hopeless at football but they're the Clemson of video games. They apparently took down North Texas to win their second national title in a row.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2019...sion-dec-6.html

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

KKKLIP ART posted:

Y’all also warned us Cager has bricks for hands when instead he has sticky tape hands and glass shoulders

to be fair, he did have bricks for hands, but maybe that was just dugans not teaching catching because a lot of our WRs have gotten rid of the drops.

From last year:

quote:

Per Herald correspondent Daniel Gould, UM finished with an absurd 40 dropped passes this season. Here’s how it broke down: Lawrence Cager with nine, Jeff Thomas (who left the program) with seven, Darrell Langham and Dee Wiggins with five apiece, Brevin Jordan and Mike Harley Jr. with four apiece, Brian Hightower and Evidence Njoku with two apiece and Travis Homer and Will Mallory with one each.

He had 21 receptions and 9 drops last year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems weird that there's no national broadcast for SDSU at Hawaii when it's already determined that the winner wins the MWC West. Especially when it's a fairly lackluster slate of games this week.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Also Oregon is hilariously over-ranked in the latest CFB Playoff standings. S&P+ has us around 12-15 and dogs to Utah.

But we have sealed the Pac-12 North so who knows, just have to win out and see.

Yeah I find myself getting reflexively mad at them being "underranked" out of conference pride or whatever, and then remember my moon poll actually has them ranked three spots lower.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

Seems weird that there's no national broadcast for SDSU at Hawaii when it's already determined that the winner wins the MWC West. Especially when it's a fairly lackluster slate of games this week.

That game is gonna end at like 4am EST

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a neat cape posted:

That game is gonna end at like 4am EST

Yeah, but they still throw late Hawaii games on ESPN2 or ESPNU sometimes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah who's ready for some Wednesday night MACtion?! Y'all think the Bulls can get bowl-eligible by taking down Toledo?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LSU opens at -3.5 against Georgia which seems optimistic as far as UGA goes.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For those of you wondering if Akron is that bad, they're playing Miami now on ESPN U.

Akron is. That bad.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Belk is not renewing its association with the bowl in Charlotte.

Come ooooooon White Claw Bowl

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

It would be extremely on-brand.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

Bell bowl was awesome if only for nick Chubb putting drat near 300 yards rushing on grantham.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

LLCoolJD posted:

Georgia's repeatedly come so close to the title that I suspect they'll stay focused. Their offense is still crap, though.

Being hilariously upset by a team UGA has no business losing to is precious and dear. It's also something the Bulldogs save for South Carolina.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woo boy, SEC-SoCon week, so there aren't a lot of good games.

Somehow Ohio St. is favored over Penn State by loving 19 points.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

That’s both extremely disrespectful and probably not inaccurate

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder what the biggest spread between two top-ten teams ever is.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anti OSU Tard Brigade has been pretty quiet this season... We firin up the truck for this game?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

Anti OSU Tard Brigade has been pretty quiet this season... We firin up the truck for this game?

Against Penn State? Gross. Wait for the Big Ten title game when they rematch with Wisconsin or play Minnesota (both games they will absolutely win by like 40 points)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Scarf posted:

osu is pretty good and i think even we of the tard brigade can respect an Actually Good The Ohio State Football Team

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel like Okie State-West Virginia might be a good game. Kansas State - Tech too.

Baylor is probably just going to whip the poo poo out of us. Oklahoma will beat up on TCU.

Dull week in the Big 12 is what I'm saying.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I don't care for the whole state of Ohio and also they're gonna win by a bunch

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Declan MacManus posted:

osu is pretty good and i think even we of the tard brigade can respect an Actually Good The Ohio State Football Team

*into walkie talkie*

We've got a problem.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Scarf posted:

I just had my first instance of a FB friend posting a picture of the Ohio U mascot punching Bucky Brutus or whatever Ohio State's mascot is called, so I know it's that time of year again.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 21, 2019

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
BRUTUS NOT BUCKY

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
gently caress you're right, my bad.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

PostNouveau posted:

Penn State has gotten lucky a few times this year. I can see OSU winning this by 3TDs.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I have my Believe to Achieve shirt ready.

Although what I believe is still undecided.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My trivia team's name last night was "Tua Hip to Quit." :thurman:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C-Euro posted:

gently caress you're right, my bad.

nah lets just keep calling him Bucky. Ol Bucky the Buckeye.

EDIT: Who's ready for some Thursday ACCtion?!

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1197572626555850752?s=20

DOUBLE EDIT:

:allears:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 21, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im not saying Urbz was a bad coach, but OSU has looked way better under Day than the last several years under Urbz.

Urbz was a bad coach

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Scarf posted:

DOUBLE EDIT:

Surprised they allow Trevor Lawrence to see a real classroom

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Im not saying Urbz was a bad coach, but OSU has looked way better under Day than the last several years under Urbz.

Urbz was a bad coach

It's what happens when you hire your friends, but won't fire them when they are bad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dirty shrimp money posted:

Surprised they allow Trevor Lawrence to see a real classroom

Well, it's a class where they let him give a presentation on his hair products, so how "real" is it?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

Well, it's a class where they let him give a presentation on his hair products, so how "real" is it?

Looks like a Speech and Communications class. When I was at Clemson, it was a class where you basically gave speeches on whatever bullshit topics you wanted.

I doubt much has changed.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

Yes officer, this post right here.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Urbz was a bad coach

Urbz basically mandated tresselball out of the shotgun for the last 3-4 years with the addition of the most obvious screens in the world. It worked since we literally have top-4 talent but there was something extremely broken in him after blowing that chance in 15 where he seemed somehow even more hellbent on making the math behind the QB run the only thing that mattered. Dude was one of the greatest recruiters of all time and did some good work modernizing run games for a few years, but he spent enough time as a CEO that his offensive scheme got passed by and state. It’s why the offense only improved as Day got more control and Urban stepped back last year.

Day is completely scheme agnostic and has a Petersen/Kelly type approach of just creating buckets of concepts every week and scheming more around what his teams are best equipped for yearly and what the opponent is least ready for. Urban would just go “our identity is running the quarterback” and that’s that. Urban would put the ball in Barrett’s hands when he was the least athletic guy on the field and regularly deviate from the quarterback as distributor in tight games. Day is like “nah we’re just gonna drown you in skill guys because field really shouldn’t take these hits” which is marginally more efficient with the skill guys we’ve got. If he can recruit at a similar clip, that’s about the best point of view you can have as a coach at that level.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

DOUBLE EDIT:

I see PRTM hasn’t changed much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Fields really shouldn't take hits because Chris Chuganov is not exactly Cardale Jones.