Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

They definitely would have, probably as soon as this week. Iowa was 3rd at one point in 15 with a worse resume and there isn't really an obvious fourth team after OSU/LSU/Clemson now. They're not leaving out an undefeated P5 team this late unless there are more than 4 of them or there's a one loss team with a really crazy resume.

Unfortunately they are a fraud who crumbled before the mighty Kinnick Stadium and we will never know for sure

I'd go so far as to say that an undefeated P5 will never be left out of the four team playoff, unless there are 5 undefeated P5's. Even if it was, like, Syracuse and they went the entire season without playing a top 25 team, they'd still be in at 13-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah I don’t know what to think about the A&M game. UGA has a fantastic defense when we don’t play soft zone, which is almost never except the 4th quarter against Auburn for some dumb reason, so I think we will still do well defensively but we can’t score our way out of a wet paper bag.

E:

Counterpoint: our OC is James Coley

The Aggies won't be able to score and it will be a 27-13, maybe 24-10 type game. Maybe the Aggies cover the spread in garbage time. We're just an inferior version of Georgia basically.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Seems weird that there's no national broadcast for SDSU at Hawaii when it's already determined that the winner wins the MWC West. Especially when it's a fairly lackluster slate of games this week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a neat cape posted:

That game is gonna end at like 4am EST

Yeah, but they still throw late Hawaii games on ESPN2 or ESPNU sometimes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

how many years in a row do the Aggies have to trot out the same middling 8-4 squad before they are no longer referred to as or considered a powerhouse program

i long for the day they vanish into wake forestesque or iowaesque obscurity

It’s not about the ceiling, it’s about the floor.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Randaconda posted:

remember how moving to the SEC would improve the football team

It certainly hasn’t hurt. If we were still recruiting like we were in the Big 12 we certainly wouldn’t be winning 7-8 games per year in the SEC West.

I’m not going to look it up, but I think Bama and A&M are the only teams in the West that haven’t missed a bowl since Aggies joined.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

who the gently caress considers aggies a powerhouse?

The OP I guess

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

the aggies are well-treated in preseason polls, often retain a respectable ranking long after it becomes clear they are the same old middling aggie team, and most importantly are always considered a Quality Win for the other SEC west teams who trample them every year

Their schedule lines up for them to possibly start 9-0 next year even if they don’t improve one bit over this year, so hold onto your butt.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, I was just about to post this. Yin and yang

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Adun posted:

They're not bad but it seems hard to see where they go from here? LSU and Alabama have a stranglehold on the West and they're already paying top dollar for their coach. There's not even a potential win against Texas to keep the boosters happy. How much longer can people at A&M be happy with fighting with Auburn for third place

Well you just keep getting better and hope the rest sorts itself out. LSU seemed a lot closer to A&M than to Bama not 12 months ago, and look at them now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The concern trolling about “A&M would be better off back in the Big 12” would carry a lot more water if we were winning 9-10 games per year when we actually were in the Big 12. It’s not like we were top poo poo there and fell to middle of the pack in the SEC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Aggies basically destroyed Arkansas by moving to the SEC, that’s got to be worth something

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

If A&M loses to LSU and Texas beats Tech we'll both be 7-5 and you just know some bowl will salivate at the possibility

They’re never going to play in a bowl unless it’s an NY6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

downout posted:

I think it's exacerbated by the guaranteed $75 million jimbo contract. And TaM is basically the Iowa of the SEC. Take them lightly at your own expense.

They should be forced to play every bowl game to evaluate the B1G vs SEC supremacy bowl.

I think Michigan State is the clearer Big Ten analogue (Michigan is Texas and Ohio State is Oklahoma)