Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tua probably played his last college game and now faces like a whole loving year of rehab. The good news: Doctors expect a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1195881695876132865

Also that sideline photographer who got blown up was treated for a concussion and released

https://twitter.com/ArchithNEWS/status/1196078896363528192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is it dumb that this makes me happy? :unsmith:

If they don't post, it doesn't count

:justpost:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Somebody graphic design some 1940s military recruitment posters aimed at getting lurkers to post.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I didn't even realize that Iowa State won because Texas jumped offside on the first kick that ISU missed, giving them a second chance that they made. How un-ISU like.

Sorta. They didn't really take a real kick the first time. The play was clearly dead; I think the kicker was just taking a practice swing rather than really going for it. I wouldn't say he really "missed".

The bigger thing was the penalty extended the drive, so Iowa State got to kick for the win at the last second rather than kicking for the lead and giving us the ball back with 2:00 left.

I think Iowa State had a solid chance of winning without the penalty. Our offense was rolling in the 4th quarter, but laid a huge fart of a drive in a critical moment to give ISU the ball back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

What exactly is the problem? It’s weird that he hasn’t been able to make the offense work a bit better. Especially since he was sooooo good at Houston and Ohio State as OC. Texas isn’t exactly lacking in resources or recruiting.

Besides being a lip-kissing narcissist, has he just made bad hires?

Play-calling has been shockingly pedestrian for a team with a very good WR corps and a QB who can run over LBs. It seems like 50% of our plays are this run option with trip WRs where Ehlinger will either handoff to the RB or throw to one of the WRs who is getting blocking from the other 2. Neither of these works because everyone knows they're coming. I'm shocked one of these WR screens hasn't been pick-sixed this season. Also we've got the designed-QB run, which is good for like 9 yards every time but we can't make Ehlinger do that on every play.

I think they still don't trust Ehlinger to pass over the middle. He pretty much throws only screens, dump-offs, and sideline passes. Maybe he doesn't trust himself to hit a tight window even though his WRs are good bets to win jump balls.

Basically all our offensive success is from player talent transcending the game plan. WRs make crazy sideline grabs through tight coverage, RBs break tackles on nearly every run, Ehlinger bails out drives with his tree trunk legs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah who's ready for some Wednesday night MACtion?! Y'all think the Bulls can get bowl-eligible by taking down Toledo?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woo boy, SEC-SoCon week, so there aren't a lot of good games.

Somehow Ohio St. is favored over Penn State by loving 19 points.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel like Okie State-West Virginia might be a good game. Kansas State - Tech too.

Baylor is probably just going to whip the poo poo out of us. Oklahoma will beat up on TCU.

Dull week in the Big 12 is what I'm saying.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dirty shrimp money posted:

Surprised they allow Trevor Lawrence to see a real classroom

Well, it's a class where they let him give a presentation on his hair products, so how "real" is it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PupsOfWar posted:

how many years in a row do the Aggies have to trot out the same middling 8-4 squad before they are no longer referred to as or considered a powerhouse program

i long for the day they vanish into wake forestesque or iowaesque obscurity

When are they referred to as or considered a powerhouse program?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, I was just about to post this. Yin and yang

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Adun posted:

Their last few years in the Big 12 coincided with an actual great Texas program though.

Yeah those Case McCoy years were the glory days

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddammit Oregon lost?

If this somehow leads to a 2-loss Pac 12 champ and either loving OU or loving Baylor getting into the playoffs :argh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

I’ve decided I like it much better when we suck unfathomable quantities of rear end at the start of the season and then kind of get it together by the end than the other way around.

At least Tim Beck will probably get fired now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904738