Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

the longhorns are well-treated in preseason polls, often retain a respectable ranking long after it becomes clear they are the same old middling 7-5 or so longhorn team, and most importantly are always considered a Quality Win for the other Big 12 teams who trample them every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

I guess I'm not sure how losing to Georgia by one score is evidence that A&M is a terrible football team? They seem fine, all of their losses are going to be to like top 15 teams, and all but Auburn will probably be teams in the playoff or NY6. They had an insane schedule between the SEC west, a crossover game with UGA, and the Clemson game. They're gonna beat the dogshit out of some poor Big Ten team in the gator bowl or whatever

They're not bad but it seems hard to see where they go from here? LSU and Alabama have a stranglehold on the West and they're already paying top dollar for their coach. There's not even a potential win against Texas to keep the boosters happy. How much longer can people at A&M be happy with fighting with Auburn for third place

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

what exactly are they going to do, drop football?

Get the gently caress out of the SEC West

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

how

It's not like they were winning the Big 12 every year or something, they were generally worse back then than they are now. Maybe they can join conference USA, they'd probably win that

Isn't there supposed to be a bout of realignment coming up again in a few years? Kinda seems like it'd be best for everyone if they just go back to the Big XII (along with Mizzou)

General Dog posted:

The concern trolling about “A&M would be better off back in the Big 12” would carry a lot more water if we were winning 9-10 games per year when we actually were in the Big 12. It’s not like we were top poo poo there and fell to middle of the pack in the SEC.

I mean I think Jimbo's overrated but he's a hell of a lot better than like Mike Sherman

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

They aren't going to win the Big 12 either and they make more money now.

Their last few years in the Big 12 coincided with an actual great Texas program though. I mean they're not gonna be favorites to win the Big 12 but they'll have a better shot than the 0% chance they have of winning the SEC on any given year.