Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Couple of few things: we beat Auburn at home which is always a wonderful thing to do. Our defense was lights out until a combo of the coaches decided to not play man to man with this had prevent zone defense, and our offense fully stopping with about 20 football minutes to go. I think we had 7 or 8 straight 3-and-outs which is just mind boggling. Bad offense leads to a tired defense. So I really don’t know what’s going to happen against LSU because their run D looks porous but we seem to have forgotten how to run. And if we get past LSU I think we get thumped by everyone else.

Feel bad for Tua, have heard all the opinions on should he have been playing with that lead and I still say he shouldn’t have been playing due to having his ankle unjustly repaired a month ago, but I’m no doctor.

As for aftermath stuff, I think just one aftermath thread would be fine. Don’t get as many posts as we had in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This but also dogs because all dogs are good dogs

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

At his presser, they asked Kirby what the first thing he said to his team was post win, and he said something to the effect of "I told them how bout them fuckin' dawgs" and I thought it owned that he was just blunt about it.

Then he turned around today and was like sorry im the head of this organization blah blah blah. Own it man, don't be a wuss and step it back.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah that’s dumb. His first statement owns and I wish coaches would just act like humans sometimes and tell the morality brigade to gently caress themselves with a short piece of rusty rebar.

Especially because I guarantee you literally everyone that pear clutched swears too. How bout them fuckin’ dawgs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah I don’t know what to think about the A&M game. UGA has a fantastic defense when we don’t play soft zone, which is almost never except the 4th quarter against Auburn for some dumb reason, so I think we will still do well defensively but we can’t score our way out of a wet paper bag.

E:

Declan MacManus posted:

it should not be as underwhelming as it is given how good fromme is

Counterpoint: our OC is James Coley

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I was, like, the one guy on DawgSports who ever defended Bobo, so I feel sorrowfully vindicated by what's followed. Schotty, Chaney, Coley. Mama mia. (Although Chaney throwing his hands up and just running outside zone every play with Chubb/Michel in 2017 worked OK.)

Bobo had his poo poo moments, but he put points on the board when he had the talent. 2014 UGA was awesome with Hutson Mason at QB, and 2013 UGA was going to be the school's best offense ever before everyone tore an ACL. People on DS would bring up individual bad calls from random games for years, but I mean...how many good calls did Coley have in the Auburn game? Two, total?

I’m right there with you on Bobo. He did have a few numbskull plays, but look at 2013 vs LSU, 2014 against Auburn where we blew their doors off, and even the 2012 SECCG. Bobo was a legit QB whisperer just not a really great head coach. Even Cheney had his moments after 2016 went by, but I think Bobo was superior. I would love to know what bobo would have done if he stuck around and stayed OC and Kirby kept him, though that probably means we don’t get Pittman.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 20, 2019

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dilber posted:

I warned you all about James Coley.

Y’all also warned us Cager has bricks for hands when instead he has sticky tape hands and glass shoulders

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LSU opens at -3.5 against Georgia which seems optimistic as far as UGA goes.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

Belk is not renewing its association with the bowl in Charlotte.

Come ooooooon White Claw Bowl

Bell bowl was awesome if only for nick Chubb putting drat near 300 yards rushing on grantham.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I guess I'm not sure how losing to Georgia by one score is evidence that A&M is a terrible football team? They seem fine, all of their losses are going to be to like top 15 teams, and all but Auburn will probably be teams in the playoff or NY6. They had an insane schedule between the SEC west, a crossover game with UGA, and the Clemson game. They're gonna beat the dogshit out of some poor Big Ten team in the gator bowl or whatever

I’m going to push back and say they are a fine team but if Georgia could actually have any sort of offense with a pulse it’s a bit different. We dropped 2 touchdown passes. I know that at the end the score is the score but I think if IGA played to their actual potential as opposed to whatever it is James coley thinks our potential is, it would have been a different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The UGA/A&M thread on reddit was full of both really salty A&M fans due to a lot of no calls (justified, but thats the game) and Oregon fans saying that UGA is really bad for letting A&M play close and only winning due to said no calls. Then Herm goes and dunks on Oregon and those Oregon folks are silent and it is delicious.