Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thermos H Christ posted:

I had a pretty strong feeling that if I watched Texas-ISU it was just going to bum me out, and after the first few minutes I felt more sure so I went and did something else and I'm thinking that was the right call.

Anyway I'm pretty sure Tom Herman's on the hot seat next year. I guess 8 wins including a bowl game is still realistically on the table, in which case the seat is just kinda hot, but if we finish with 6 or 7 wins it's going to be blazing.

What exactly is the problem? It’s weird that he hasn’t been able to make the offense work a bit better. Especially since he was sooooo good at Houston and Ohio State as OC. Texas isn’t exactly lacking in resources or recruiting.

Besides being a lip-kissing narcissist, has he just made bad hires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

Won't fire his bud at OC who the game has caught up to and passed by. DC is looking the same way this year. Injuries aside, they look undisciplined and unable to tackle.

Next year really is his make or break year. They should be a mature team that should be good, but won't be if he keeps his coordinators.

So bizarre to me that presumably smart, successful coaches will mortgage their loving careers on their lovely, dumb coordinator friends.

PostNouveau posted:

Play-calling has been shockingly pedestrian for a team with a very good WR corps and a QB who can run over LBs. It seems like 50% of our plays are this run option with trip WRs where Ehlinger will either handoff to the RB or throw to one of the WRs who is getting blocking from the other 2. Neither of these works because everyone knows they're coming. I'm shocked one of these WR screens hasn't been pick-sixed this season. Also we've got the designed-QB run, which is good for like 9 yards every time but we can't make Ehlinger do that on every play.

I think they still don't trust Ehlinger to pass over the middle. He pretty much throws only screens, dump-offs, and sideline passes. Maybe he doesn't trust himself to hit a tight window even though his WRs are good bets to win jump balls.

Basically all our offensive success is from player talent transcending the game plan. WRs make crazy sideline grabs through tight coverage, RBs break tackles on nearly every run, Ehlinger bails out drives with his tree trunk legs.

Sounds like late-stage Meyer offenses, or Mullen going into a shell in tight games.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

At his presser, they asked Kirby what the first thing he said to his team was post win, and he said something to the effect of "I told them how bout them fuckin' dawgs" and I thought it owned that he was just blunt about it.

Then he turned around today and was like sorry im the head of this organization blah blah blah. Own it man, don't be a wuss and step it back.

Yeah that’s dumb. His first statement owns and I wish coaches would just act like humans sometimes and tell the morality brigade to gently caress themselves with a short piece of rusty rebar.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Sweet lord SCar is doing Muschamp dirty... loving asking for financial advice from others schools on how to afford to fire a coach :psyboom:

https://www.scnow.com/news/local/caslen-usc-ad-asked-fsu-about-how-it-managed-its/article_2fc87775-6600-58c6-b371-a9a9b8c151a3.amp.html

lol holy poo poo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

It's weird to me that they can't afford it anyway but who the hell was South Carolina competing with for the services of Will loving Muschamp that made them think they needed to give him a $19 million buyout

The buyouts thrown around whenever a coach wins more than 7 games are insane. But there’s no money for players.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon Football: Hey do you remember 2009-2014? We sure do!

Hey! Joey Harrington was on the cover of NCAA in like 2003, bub.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mediocre offenses have won titles. 2002 Ohio State. 2006 Florida. It isn’t unprecedented by any means.

But yeah Coley is poo poo and I’m grateful he is there squandering so much of your offensive talent.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

2002 is a really long time ago, when the spread was still mostly a novelty. There's a reason teams like OSU or Bama aren't still trying to play like that. The game has changed dramatically since then.

2006 Florida was 11th in offensive S&P+. Georgia is 22nd. That's inexcusable for a team that has top 2-3 talent.

Uh, sure? I mean we are agreeing that their offense is inexcusable with their talent level.

And yeah 02 was a long time ago but most title teams had pretty great offenses in that era as well. My point is that you can win with a merely efficient if unexplosive offense and some luck. See also: 98 Tennessee.

I don’t think UGA is particularly efficient but stranger things have happened.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Belk is not renewing its association with the bowl in Charlotte.

Come ooooooon White Claw Bowl

It would be extremely on-brand.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

DOUBLE EDIT:

:allears:

I see PRTM hasn’t changed much.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PupsOfWar posted:

how many years in a row do the Aggies have to trot out the same middling 8-4 squad before they are no longer referred to as or considered a powerhouse program

i long for the day they vanish into wake forestesque or iowaesque obscurity

Jimbo getting nearly a million a win per year lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

Don't worry, we haven't won one in drat near a decade, which is basically the same as never winning one.

lol it’s been 6yrs

‘drat near a decade’ doing some heavy lifting here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Jesus how the gently caress did Miami outgain FIU 413 to 297 and lose? :laffo: