Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa State wins a close one after losing a whole bunch of close ones. Bowl eligible, and with a likely win over Kansas next week we’ll guarantee a winning season. A winning season is always a good year for ISU, but a little disappointing considering the hype. Could still finish 8-4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

resident posted:

Iowa state didn’t gently caress up a game winning field goal for a change and I took a Tito’s shot to celebrate. I don’t know why it seems like Purdy has regressed. Maybe there really is something about October.

I missed the second half but Purdy had pretty good stats. Why do you think he regressed?

Big thing that has plagued ISU all season is scoring TDs instead of field goals. They outgained Texas by 140 yards but barely won. They’re moving the ball, but stalling when they get close to the end zone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I didn't even realize that Iowa State won because Texas jumped offside on the first kick that ISU missed, giving them a second chance that they made. How un-ISU like.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

illinois is 4-3 in big ten play which i would not have guessed having seen part of that michigan state game

I know part of the turnaround for Illinois is they started playing some really terrible teams, but Lovie did something to switch that team around. They went from losing to EMU and Nebraska to beating Wisconsin, Purdue, and MSU. Probably have one more win in them against NU too. I doubt many people expected the Illini to finish with a winning record this year.

In other news, Iowa State is 22nd in the CFP poll, which I appreciate, but I think is undeserved right now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Holy poo poo, I just found out that Matt Campbell is the first ISU coach since 1928 to beat every team in the conference at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

I mean they've only beaten OU like five times ever

Texas isn’t that much better, but we’ve played them a lot less than OU.