Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I remember the last thread fondly. I hope to see a complete playthrough of this game again after the Last THUG 2 playthrough mysteriously self-destructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oof, the sound effects in the PSP version are really annoying to listen to, they sound like they're being played under a mound of gravel.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Am I crazy, or was Wee Man about the same size the player is?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Why not just make the next psp level based on Bangkok? They did go there apparently.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm not entirely sure if the stilted animation on the giant monster was a reference to old movies or just a consequence of being on the PSP.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Congratulations, I think you've made it further in this game than any other lets-player on this website. I don't even know what happened to the others.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I remember at least two of them, but it was so long ago now I don't remember who they were.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know for an SUV it's rather small, when you stand over it it looks like it could only fit one person so it's more like a fancy golf-cart. Also this level looks like it was barely tested, It's probably the buggiest so far.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I looked it up and Skatopia is actually a real place, it's been around for a while too. Judging from the photographs I found on google It does bear some resembelance to the level in the game, but it wasn't built on a hill. I also see a lot of images of cars on fire relating to it, so I think I know what'll happen to that shitbox driving around.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Over all I much prefered the story mode in T.H.U.G. 1, mainly because it felt like there were stakes and that important things happened. Comparitively most of the places you visited in T.H.U.G.2 just seem kinda random and ultimately the Competition the story was based around didn't really matter. I doesn't help that the points system makes this game feel like a big checklist (though that might just be you going through all of the gaps that made me feel that way, it's hard to say).

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
To me, this level feels like an extra chapter that was cut out of the main campaign, somthing to make the notion of a "World destruction tour" more literal (as in the aliens blow up the earth or somthing). Maybe if I could dig out my Tony hawk guide book I could find out. I should also say that the lack of music really shows the poor sound design in this level, they obviously didn't heve time to polish it properly.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
1: I already owned the original THUG 1 back in the day but I traded it in at some point. I never got around to the sequal, but it feels like it's a bit late now.
2: While I did enjoy your playthrough of the game, you do spend a lot of time standing around explaining what you are going to do and not actually doing it, this mostly applies to the gaps.
3: Yes, your skating skills are more than adequate. There is nothing I hate more in a lets play than watching sombody incompetantly bumble around, that's usually when I skip ahead in the video. So it's nice that you are familiar with the game beforehand.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The airport was always one of my favorite levels. THPS3 was my Jam, a real standout for the series and suprisingly ahead of it's time.
Edit: I'm almost certain the helecopter took off after you grinded the rotor blades, I don't know if it crashed or anything like that.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 3, 2021

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know it's strange, you mentioned the gymnasium a couple of times, but I don't think you stepped foot in there even once during that video. I remember school mostly from THPS3 as one of the secret stages, it felt rather drab compared to the newer maps from that game, funny how they keep bringing it back.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
As soon as I watched the 'all in one' run, I immediantly thought: "That must be Downhill Jam, because Downhill Jelly don't shake like that". And now I'm wondering where I'm going with my life. Anyway I thought I may have played that level before in a different game, so I checked online only to discover that I likely didn't, but I did learn that that there was a Spin-off with the same name and it was made by Toys for Bob and Vicarious visions, so that's somthing.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
As good as the PSP version is, I'm glad to see the back of those lo-fi crunchy audio effects.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oof, That was a slog. Great Job though, I won't say you made it look easy. I think I remember the challenges from the original THPS3, I don't think any of them carried over.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
While watching the footage, I knew you could probably do it in one go, but even then you cut it close with that final stat point.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh hey, a shoutout! Anyway, I looked it up on google and I did see many images of interesting public art in los Angeles, but nothing entirely resembling the one they had in that level.
One thing I distinctly remember from the original level was that there was two skater NPCs having random back and forth arguments, for some reason both have been replaced by sailors. I kinda highlights just how bizarre the NPC selection is in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It's strange how both the main modes ended with secret levels involving aliens. Anyway I'm glad to see that getting all of the gaps actually had some kind of pay-off, but holy crap that was a lot of work. Even without you describing each one it looked like it would have taken longer than the whole of classic mode.