Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Oh poo poo I can't believe there's a thread for Unfucking Delaware.

Can we also push for Steph Barry, she's a good progressive and could flip a Republican seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Thank you Dan very cool

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

the biggest questions in delaware politics:

Those two seem like very smart and cool people

Also I donated to Madinah but actblue sucks and is taking forever to send my confirmation email, I'll edit when I get it

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

what tag do you want

Street fighter hands down lol

Also thank God we have Jess instead of loving KEH this time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

maybe kerri would've won had you volunteered?

Just to clarify, I did volunteer for Kerri. She was never going to beat Carper. She ran with no campaign experience, no experience in office, and most importantly no name recognition in Delaware.

Kerri really wasn't a good candidate and her speech skills at the beginning of her campaign were really offputting. At an event I was at someone asked her about gun control, her response was "gun control won't help curb suicides since people can still slit their wrists". A democrat saying that post parkland is not a good look and it's also just a terrible answer for a voter.

I will say that from Spring 2018 to Fall 2018 Kerri got so much better at speeches and her platform was refined. She impressed well at the AOC event and if she had been at that level the whole time and started a bit earlier she would have had a much better shot.

There's also the criticism that running those kind of long shot state wide races hurts the state races as funds and manpower are split and the party can't funnel excess funds from say a Coons or Carper campaign to smaller campaigns that actually need the money to win their races.

Honestly we should just drop Delaware into the ocean at this point.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Lawman 0 posted:

It was very amateur but I think she should run for another office

If she ran for a state rep/senate seat I think she could win that and that would be cool and good

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

I don't recall this.

Probably because you weren't at every single canvas

Nichael posted:

Also, maybe if you had volunteered?

I was already committed to a campaign (we won btw) and I helped Kerri when I could

Nichael posted:

I do not care about the Delaware Democratic party's financial situation.

It's not about the party, it's about smaller state campaigns that could flip a red district that are going to have far less funds now.

Also lol you're the person who called a dude classist scum because he said that Kerri's campaign had far less money than Carper's and it'll be an uphill battle because of it.

Mayman10 has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Nov 24, 2019

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

go back to d&d lol

Are you not including Steph Barry's campaign because you're still pissed her son called you a coward on Twitter?

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

CharlestheHammer posted:

this is definitely the thread to start a petty slap fight

It's Delaware, the whole state is petty

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Local Delaware band w/ a new album coming soon™ also they have good politics

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

what, no you wouldn't. delaware is probably iggles fans or maybe the washington r-words

Eagles and Ravens mostly, the further north you go the more Eagles fans

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Happy Delaware day

Mayman10 has issued a correction as of 22:30 on Dec 7, 2019

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Nichael posted:

Thank you! Want another tag?

nah beating Coons is enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

skaboomizzy posted:

Delaware still does not exist, but here are some cool retro shirts for their college

https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collections/vintage-university-delaware-apparel-store?rsc=175105

I've been looking for retro designs like this forever!