Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Ah, GTA III. I am so glad that I decided to start with this game rather than skip straight to Vice City - the quality of life upgrades make it really difficult to go back to a game that doesn't even show your hideouts on the minimap unless they're a mission target.

I trust you'll be acquiring a tank at the earliest opportunity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Please tell me you're going to show off what happens when you do enough taxi missions.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

It's my favourite mission because I didn't think to try that or wait for the convoy to halt outside the cafe. I just drove in, ran down one of the soldiers and booked it round the nearest building so I could start picking them off, and it worked! Eventually. Fortunately for me, wanted levels are disabled when fighting this battalion of the army.

It's my favourite mission because if you can drive the tank to your safehouse garage fast enough, you can fail the mission but keep the tank!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Poil posted:

That sounds awesome and if you move the tank to another garage you could do the mission again and get another one, right? :v:

Welp he drove into the garage. Guess we have to give up and go home.

You know, it's been so long since I've played it that I forget! I think there might be a reason you can't, maybe the tank doesn't fit into smaller garages?

All I remember is that I didn't farm it for infinite tanks, and that's the sort of thing I probably would have done if it were possible!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I loved this LP, thank you!

But did you ever show off what you can do with a taxi after you've done enough taxi missions?