Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

eke out posted:

oh i didn't know Williams also confirmed that the call said "Burisma" and not "the company" like the transcript said

His speculation suggests that it was not intentionally omitted from the "transcript".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

zonohedron posted:

Distinct like Spanish and French, or like Spanish-in-Spain and Spanish-in-Argentina?

Well, yes, of course it is, we've moved from "I heard about this, and it sounded hinky" to "Someone told me about this, and I was suspicious" to today, "I was there for that, and :yikes:"

It's more like French and Spanish. They use the same alphabet for the most part (there are some letter differences), but it isn't mutually intelligible. Many Ukrainians speak Russian though, especially in border areas and cities. It's less prevalent in smaller towns and the countryside.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Yes please

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It doesn't appear that Nunes updated his remarks to reflect yesterday's testimony at all. He's still just spouting the same bullshit with no regard for reality whatsoever

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pacerhimself posted:

Lmao what is this loving brain chowder supposed to mean?

He's trying to say that no one could have possibly heard his phone call from a distance because he has the world's best ears and has never done that before.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wylie posted:

Very weird that her accent would hold her back in England, because it is amazing and I immediately, reflexively trust it for reasons I do not understand.

Television and film has presented such accents as authoritative for decades, and this subconsciously makes you associate her accent with such things.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

loving hell her down-to-earth explanations and analogies are genius. People will understand and support her.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This gently caress trying to use the witness to push fracking on America is pissing me off. Russian propaganda is bad. Fracking is also bad.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lol I don't think this is going to win over any hearts or minds. He lacks the charisma and he's ranting about 17h century history that no one will give a gently caress about.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What is it with this jackass and dog references?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Timby posted:

Only if questioned. Collins just seems content to let Turley ramble for 45 minutes.

I am almost certain he's been instructed to do so. They're just trying to fill time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So his argument is literally "no u"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Retro42 posted:

I can't follow a thing he is saying, all I'm hearing is the grating whining tone of it.

Don't try to follow, it's disingenuous brain poison.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Necromancy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

UnknownTarget posted:

Not disagreeing, but I always find these comments interesting because what people are really saying is "my parents and a lot of my friend's parents have to die".

They won't give up power any other way.

Edit: Also many people here have Gen-Xers for parents.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cr0y posted:

Wait who was that kid

Someone's son

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ehud posted:

bring your child to impeachment hearing day

I have no issue with this

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Harrow posted:

Yes. This is just voting to have the trial in the Senate.

The vote today determines whether Trump is impeached, full stop. It then moves to the Senate where they will vote on whether to remove him from office.

Impeachment and removal from office are not synonymous.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Trump is impeached. I hope he reacts live at his rally.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ManBoyChef posted:

I keep having this sinking feeling that not only will trump be acquitted and become even more insufferable than ever. He will also win reelection but not the popular vote (which he will in fact lie about in an enraging fashion). The GOP will hold the senate and expand their majority. I really hate to be a debbie downer but drat I am sick of getting poo poo on.

Public sentiment is sufficiently against him enough that I expect unprecedented turnout this November.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

twice burned ice posted:

If this happens, I'm out. We're in a Truman show and everyone is loving with me.

You're not the only one who feels like reality has gone far beyond plausibility at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

terrorist ambulance posted:

i skimmed this bullshit and it seems to say I don't need any more witnesses because:

i) it's clear he pressured ukraine improperly for personal gain;
ii) it was improper to do so, I don't need any more witnesses to think he did crimes; and
iii) while improper I don't think it rises to the level you should be impeached for.

I'm actually... ok? with that from a republican? I mean, it's not "no crimes, fake news, trump is the state, he's daddy emperor, anything he does is lawful by definition". while i disagree with it, it's at least a little coherent and honest-ish

No way. There is literally no reasonable way this *doesn't* rise to the level of impeachment.