Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Framboise posted:

Trump did it, they said he did it, they said it was wrong, they said it was impeachable, and they said they don't give a flying gently caress. Nothing exists to stop them from doing likewise. Democrats need to do everything they can to make sure the nation is absolutely aware that is not only morally bereft, but that a vote for them is a vote for a criminal.

When did they say he did it? Can you link it?

I'm not arguing, I just am still seeing a lot of people saying there's no evidence he did anything criminal at all and while I know it won't make the tiniest difference, I'd still like to be able to rebut that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

For starters one of the "Swing Voters" tweeted this to explain his vote for no more witnesses.

It's part of a whole 15-tweet chain, if they're down for that, but this is a pretty open part.

https://twitter.com/SenAlexander/status/1223093596527656964

Literally acknowledges that it happened, that he didn't want more witnesses because everybody knew it happened, but that it wasn't the Senate's place to deal with "inappropriate" behavior.

Thanks.

I probably won't bother arguing. Most of these people will just defend the QPQ because MY TAXES so of course these freeloader countries should have to EARN their aid money, even if it does mean a corrupted election system.

Hell, most buy into dems routinely commiting massive voter fraud anyway. People are loving hopeless god drat

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

ManBoyChef posted:

This is what blows my mind. Fox news and RW email chains, hate radio, and webpages have poisoned so many people with disinformation. Its freaking astounding what these poeple believe. I was listening to C-SPAN callers (my first mistake) and I had my mind blown about how these people think about the country. I am really worried if we don't do something about the RW propaganda machine this will be how it always is. We live in times that if one wants to stay in an echo chamber they can and sometimes those echo chambers are so incredibly damaging to the country. What do you think we could do about this?

I left the country 11 years ago and have no intention of returning, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Idk, what bugs me the most, at least based on RW poo poo I see online, is how much your average Republican Joe views politics as a way to offend and upset others.

I rarely see forwards or memes or whatever arguing any points of fact or anything, it's all poo poo like "I was going to dress up as a Democrat for Halloween but couldn't get my gead up my rear end", and poo poo like pics of devil Hillary attacking superhero Trump as he rushes babies from her demonic gaze. Anythingbthat is based on data is usually completely fabricated snd unsourced.

They don't really seem to care what policies their reps support, and seem to have absolutely no knowledge of their voting records. Almost all vote R no matter what because they always have, and even if Republicans gently caress them over hard, they are slaves to that tradition. They just like seeing liberals get upset. It's the rolling coal of politics.

I don't think there's really a way to reason with people like that.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

oxsnard posted:

Turns out when neither party is interested is promoting policy that will actually help people, they gravitate towards knocking down others as a way to cope

I don't understand why the average citizen thinks any of our politicians give a poo poo about them.

poo poo, some literally deify Trump. Like, suggesting he might legit be the Second Coming of Jesus, or one of the witnesses in Revelation.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Sorry, I'm not really contributing with this. Just feeling baffled and depressed at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Is there video of Trump's admission that firing Comey led to him surviving impeachment?