Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ehud posted:

I'm not sure if it's required, but I'd wear my uniform if I was him. They're almost certainly going to try and smear his name today. Let them deal with the optics of doing so to a purple heart recipient sitting there in uniform.

When they had friendlier servicemen who were willing to hide stuff they went all in on spending their time talking about their service and thanking them, so it would look bad as a contrast too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Strange Poon posted:

it's obvious vindman is rattled. he looks really nervous but not in a way that he is being sketchy

I don’t know if he has family but considering Dr. Ford and what she had to do with the threats, it’s probably horrifying what threats are coming at him and what to worry about after this is all over still.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

1glitch0 posted:

Yeah, that too. From my understanding he literally believes that Ukraine physically has Hillary's secret email server? That isn't even a conspiracy theory! I don't even know where he got that from.

I've never seen someone so pissed and spending 3 years bitching and crying and calling something rigged over something they WON. It breaks the brain.

He’s believed a lot of insane things about Hillary’s emails, including that she somehow printed them off and poured bleach on them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dave Grool posted:

Can anyone really advise Trump about anything though?

“We tell him the media/democrat party/Obama don’t like this so he’ll do it”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

sexpig by night posted:

didn't her opponent raise a poo poo ton of money last time she grandstanded?

They passed a million dollars

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

refleks posted:

Anyone know where the comments from Morrison and Fiona about his poor performance would come from?

My guess would be Fox News making poo poo up, since they love to throw out “hypotheticals” like that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I mean I don’t know who the GOP could have called to look good for them, unless Hunter Biden showed up coked up or something.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe they thought they would fall on the sword for Trump and take all the blame?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even though I don’t think it’s super likely considering Trump’s non loyalty for everyone but himself there’s always the chance he would let someone get all the blame and frame them as some Dem plant or something, which means he was totally innocent.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

TyrantWD posted:

As much fun as it is to see him flip, I really do wonder why would you donate a million dollars to someone if you weren't willing to go down with the ship.

They didn’t think the ship would sink, and even if it’s not Trump levels of no loyalty it’s all about making more money and nothing else.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PainterofCrap posted:

Trump already signalled that he was going to throw Sondland under the bus by calling him a never-trumper. Why on earth would he go to bat for Trump?

All Sondland wanted was a hobby ambassadorship. He didn't sign up for this poo poo.

If Trump has pardoned some of the already punished people or stuck his neck out even a little I could see him thinking that he could be immune, but I think as long as you see yourself as lasting longer than Trump has power then it’s a pretty big risk to stick yourself to him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They didn’t know he would flip like this until only a few hours ago right? The GOP can’t work a good strategy with a week to prepare, so they’re extra hurt today by that news.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If they try and say he’s a liar could he just go “I was instructed to lie by Trump/Rudy/whoever to make it seem like they did nothing wrong?”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rudy could go down but I don’t think any human prison could contain him

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Jim Jordan just got up and left the room lol

He probably had a Nunes type speech about how the Dems are dragging him in the mud and how he can prove there was no corruption/quid pro quo and that’s all out the window

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also doesn’t the whistleblower thing lose more and more steam each day as more and more involved with things testify that it happened?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even with that note I’ll bet Trump does a “Sondland lied about quid pro quo, like a dog!” Tweet by the end of the day

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dave Grool posted:

lol if Trump gets sunk by a medium-big-time real estate guy

I’m almost waiting for the twist that 20 years ago Trump screwed him over somehow so he just bid his time to hurt him the most.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Meatball posted:

Rudy strikes me as the guy who would try to fall on his sword then end up doing some three stooges style legal wrangling to implicate trump in child trafficking.

He would reveal how his phone accidentally turned on and recorded something worse than we already knew.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Please give me the tag made on what feels like day 500 of this.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Considering the GOP witnesses turned out terrible for them was there anyone they requested who would have looked good for them? I’m assuming they asked for someone not related at all who would just say this is all a fake news investigation

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even not working a job being at a grocery store you’ll see older people with phones you can hear the other side clearly without speakerphone.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

oxsnard posted:

Let's imagine impeachment is passed and it goes to the Senate. Who decides what witnesses are called? I'd think Dems want to see people like Bolton in order to bolster the case, but that seems highly unlikely if Republicans are running the trial

Diamond and Silk

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

HootTheOwl posted:

Schiff sounds angry, and unlike republicans like Jordan I believe him.

It’s more effective if it isn’t your go to plan, otherwise people roll their eyes and expect it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I feel bad for the grandkids who get a wrong sized t shirt of that for Christmas this year.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s probably a fair amount of Conservatives pissed off at Trump only because he’s stupid and corrupt instead of regular corrupt who would just rubber stamp and do what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sombrerotron posted:

And Graham, bizarrely enough. Surely he must've foreseen that Schiff's answer would be "yes, if Obama had done the same thing it would have been wrong and grounds for impeachment as well."

edit:
I want to believe that Graham offering Schiff the opportunity to present a sincere non-partisan case for Trump's removal was prompted by worries about what Parnas has to say/is saying.

There’s been a lot of times I think some GOP rep or Senator has tried that move and was shocked the answer was saying it would be wrong and something should be done instead of circling the wagons to protect a corrupt leader.