Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What is the deal with the "Schiff knows the identity of the whisteblower" sign that the Republicans keep trotting out?

Does he actually know or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

eke out posted:

nah the whistleblowers attorneys at one point reached out to HPSCI, but were told to go through the IG process instead, which they did. no indication they did anything except briefly talk to staffers while keeping their client anonymous (which of course they would do)

https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1196796440326090754

I figured it was something like that. Thanks!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

refleks posted:

I know gently caress all about military code, but is he required to show up in uniform for these things? All the photos I have seen of him has been in full uniform.

I'm not sure if it's required, but I'd wear my uniform if I was him. They're almost certainly going to try and smear his name today. Let them deal with the optics of doing so to a purple heart recipient sitting there in uniform.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This lawyer is really good at questioning.

A stark contrast to the republican counsel, Toby from The Office

he is the highlight of each hearing for me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I cannot imagine how Nunes thinks this line of questioning is useful at all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

refleks posted:

What's the catch with these questions?

The only thing I can think is Nunes is trying to do a, "Well actually, it was good to ask Ukraine to investigate the Bidens! Williams and Vindman only thought it was alarming when they heard the call because they didn't realize how corrupt the Bidens' dealings with Ukraine actually were!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This almost feels like Nunes doesn't have enough questions so he's trying to run out the clock lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha holy poo poo, Vindman correcting Nunes to address him by his full title

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kudos to Himes for pointing out that the line of questioning was bullshit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They are SERIOUSLY going down this road?

"Do you always make private citizens address you by your rank?"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"a corrupt country filled with terrible people that tried to take me down"

you can tell Trump actually said this. It's so him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have to believe the democrats are going to go after this guy pretty hard, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sondland is putting off a vibe that I can't quite put my finger on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nunes has nothing left except, "The democrats are just out to get daddy!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahaha this owns

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It seems like the Republicans have no choice now but to try and saddle Giuliani with all of this to protect daddy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A$AP Rocky is the key to all of this

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is my favorite TV show

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1glitch0 posted:

Sondland is a funnier character than we've had before. But if we get him to work it'll be great.

Sondland's statement is so dense. Every single page has so many crimes going on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1197177881241231360

This is a great point and something the dems need to bring back to the forefront during the rounds of 5 min questioning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Holy crap, Maloney is going at Sondland HARD

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is real life

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

man, Sondland is a complete jackass

I can see why Trump loves him so much

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Schiff really nails these closing remarks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

scuz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB9aWZu5vBE

Maloney's questioning for those (like me) who missed it live.

This is so good. Absolutely watch it if you haven't yet.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm not caught! You're caught!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jay Leno...?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My key takeaway from all these hearings is that Trump tries to do all the crimes, but he's too lazy and unorganized to complete most of them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Retro42 posted:

Wait, Sondland called the actual WH and not Trumps personal phone?

Huh...so there should be a record of that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

huh, I had no idea Fiona Hill was from England

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thom12255 posted:

It's hilarious that this accent is considered prestigious in American when it is considered rural redneck in the UK.

What is an example of a person with a person from the UK with a non-rural redneck accent? I just want to try and hear the difference with my untrained American ears.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thank you all for those wonderful examples of a proper british accent

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Fiona Hill is badass so far

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blind Rasputin posted:

You know, just because she has a british accent doesn’t mean she’s smarter than everybody.

I'll believe you if you have a british accent

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zonohedron posted:

Can Nunes take Castor's time away?

It's 45 minutes for Nunes to use as he pleases. Nunes and Castor are the only people who can use the 45 minutes, but if Nunes wants to speak the entire 45 minutes, or speak for 20 minutes and yield back the remainder of time he can do so.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't think Nunes is going to question Hill or Holmes much at all.

He's gonna 5 minutes of, "Well, here we are again. Day 38 of the kangaroo court. I bet the ratings are tanking! The american people see through the drug deal the democrats are cooking up!" and then Toby from the office is going to ask questions that lead nowhere for the remaining 40 minutes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zonohedron posted:

No, I mean, if he yammers for 20 minutes and hands it over to Castor, can he take it back after that?

Yeah he can end it whenever he wants.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Strange Poon posted:

i think they're going to lean heavily on the "trump needed to vet zelensky because of how corrupt ukraine is" and probably bring up hunter biden a lot

Yeah, he might play all his greatest hits.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I missed the very end where they took a break. Did they say how long it was going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We're starting back up.