Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sweaty Jim Jordan ranting at a man dressed in his service uniform should be a good visual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
This Vindman testimony should be damning but lol nothing matters

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Nunes: "are you aware of (insane conspiracy theory)????"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

How the hell do people remember all this poo poo? If something exploded at my workplace six months after the fact good luck getting me to remember who was in the room when something happened.

they take meticulous notes as part of the job and have agendas reviewed constantly

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
ugh that line of questioning was absolutely deplorable

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Jim Jordan is gonna double down on the ukranian secret agent thing

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1196822017120579585

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
the responses to sean davis tweets are seriously insane

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Sondland is going to be the best one tomorrow I would imagine....

it's the most important part of the entire case imo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Ok, I think this is a perfect time to go take a Stefanik.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

didn't her opponent raise a poo poo ton of money last time she grandstanded?

a million dollars in two days, ya

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Maloney is crushing it

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Am I reading this right: Volker is amending his testimony to try to throw Sondland under the bus?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
wait, didn't Volker send a TEXT urging them to investigate Biden

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
he's murdering GOP talking points on Biden

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lol this is backfiring for republicans

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
this is amazing

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
dems are gonna take more time here, for sure

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
did nunes leave the room?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
woooooooow

"call the lawyers"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sondland is megafucked

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Castor's questions are making this worse. They should stop lol

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1196887394018058240

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

eke out posted:

just got back, sounds like I missed the GOP's own witnesses admitting the core of the allegations against Trump?

Morrison is being shifty, Volker called every single GOP actually it was anti corruption"
talking point a "conspiracy theory" multiple times

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Hahaha Nunes called Volker and Morrison Dem witnesses and demanded to subpoena the Whistleblower AND "Democratic operatives in Ukraine" (eg people involved in a QAnon conspiracy theory that literally no natsec employees think is real)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Someone on Reddit pointed out that the lawyer looks like Dewey from Malcom in the Middle but grown up

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Trump is going to get loving destroyed in 2020. As soon as a frontrunner appears among Democrats you'll see more reliable polling with Trump down 10-15 points. That's when house/senate republicans flip and not a moment sooner

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm seriously so excited about Sondland tomorrow.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

SchrodingersCat posted:

Since I don't have a time machine, it is obviously my opinion. Just remember, in 2016 we were all sure that America would never be dumb enough to elect Trump president.

Wishful thinking and a positive outlook are great and all, but sometimes you just have to be prepared for the worst. We live in a country where children being locked in cages has become a non-issue because it was no longer good for the ratings. I think we can safely say we are a dystopia at this point.

I think it's important to remember that this forum and, honestly, most of our discussions and media exists in an echo chamber. There is a whole world of hateful, terrible, racist people out there who are all rock-hard at the idea of an unchained, lame-duck President Trump. I am not assuming victory until the election is over and/or he is somehow neutralized as a threat to our country.

I don't think people quite grasp how much young people loving despise Trump. Vote or Die in 2004 was corporate branded resistance aimed at 20 somethings. And it didn't work. This is something all together different. Most Americans think Trump is gonna win, and yet Democratic voters are more excited about an election than they were in November 2008 and 2012. That's with no candidate.

Polling was inaccurate in 2016 because their turnout models were based on Obama presidential cycles. Voters aren't approaching 2020 with apathy. Everyone likes to bitch that the country is dominated by idiot racists. But less than 30% of the adult population in the US voted for Trump and a solid half of those voted him in not because they think Trump is awesome, but because he had an R next to his name.

We're gonna see youth turnout at the polls that we haven't seen in decades. Republicans can figure out the poo poo storm that's headed their way if they pay attention. That's the impeachment and conviction scenario. Otherwise they can acquit in the Senate, point at the polls and scream fake news up until November next year and watch as they lose both houses and the executive branch. Next year is shaping up to be a good rear end year

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Djarum posted:

The other big problem is for the GOP is the white suburban voters have turned on them. This is part Trump but also that many of these are younger 30-40 year older moving into these districts who are much more liberal.

They would be best to convict him in the Senate, get Pence in there who announces he will not run for election and they throw another unconnected candidate in there by early Spring, that way they at least have a chance. But like you said they will likely acquit him in the Senate which will cause an even more massive blue wave in response. They live in their bullshit bubble and do not realize the backlash that is coming. One would think that the Virginia, Kentucky and Louisiana losses would have given some pause.

It is also very strange that the GOP is putting that much political capital on smearing Joe Biden which anyone with half a brain would have realized he was never going to be the nominee.

The best thing for the party would be for Trump to keel over dead or resign. And then replace him with Nikki Haley. Removal is a lose lose situation because any gains from decorum/"both sides" voters wouldnt make up for the losses in the red cap crew

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Holy poo poo. So that's a complete flip, isn't it? Probably smart, if you assume Trump isn't winning in 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Part of me hopes that evidence continues to pile up and the Senate refuses to convict. The bloodbath in 2020 elections could be epic

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
If Trump gets tossed, these guys are out of a job. What choice do they have?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He is setting up that this is not partisan

Yep

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
OMG he's setting up defense for his flip flop

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sondland has a good legal team

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Guiliani is an insane person with a wealth of damning texts/emails. He's a total wild card

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Mr. Sondland, welcome to ~The Resistance~

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

queeb posted:

i guarantee rudy would flip on trump in an instant if they tried to put it all on him

Correct