Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
He's straight up calling out the President on the personal attacks.

Didn't expect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Not sure I've heard about the September 13 call. Anyone know what's up with that?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Uh I pressed CTRL-F and didn't see that word at all.

Checkmate.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Dave Grool posted:

"It's not technically bribery" is the defense they're going with?

It's so much worse than that. It's: fact witnesses that shouldn't be making criminal judgments have never done so therefore no crime was committed.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Angry_Ed posted:

"You never spoke to the President so how can you advise him" :downs:

The implication here is really funny.

Since the President doesn't read, your indirect advice in the form of written materials clearly wasn't absorbed, ergo, you don't advise the President.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Did he really just say "you are not a jagoff?"

Beaten badly

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/1196894754379837440?s=20

:rolldice:

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

queeb posted:

lmao administrative error what the gently caress

Yeah I mean, I imagine entry and removal from this system isn't the easiest thing in the world. Very hard to believe off the bat.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

DOJ would have to charge him though...

The best response to this I've seen is: a new admin might arrive in 14 months. I don't know what the statute of limitations is on perjury, but if it's more than that, a new AG could bring those charges.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1197145143394078721?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

eke out posted:

now that Sondland seems to be actually cooperating, he's given democrats an out for why they shouldn't charge him for his changes in story, that the real blame should fall on Pompeo for obstruction

Yeah this is clearly his angle here. It's probably going to work.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/1197171206471979008?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Of course I know what it means now, but I didn't know at the time. Hoo boy

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

:discourse:

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

eke out posted:

the "he had to announce them, not do them" bit is so good

perfectly states that they didn't matter, trump just wanted the media to think they were happening

Yes! I'm annoyed that Schiff kinda brushed that distinction aside.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
He just said "of course Burisma=Bidens"

That's uh, a big piece there.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Nunez didn't want to go right away...

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
lol he didn't say go talk to rudy, he said talk to rudy!

See? Big difference!

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

1glitch0 posted:

I accept this because of this timeline, but continue to be baffled without more information.

Didn't Trump get involved with A$AP when he was in trouble overseas or something?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Schiff gives another 30 minute round. Nice.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
: Reads Volker revision:

"Does that sum up your thoughts as well? "

"It does."

Spectacular.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1197210358328569856?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I WANT NOTHING

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Blind Rasputin posted:

You know, just because she has a british accent doesn’t mean she’s smarter than everybody.

[Citation needed]

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I don't understand why the Javelins are being discussed. Is it really just "Trump did something Obama wouldn't do?"

Maybe to bolster the argument that Trump wanted to help them? Like "why would he extort them if he already gave them missiles?"

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Am I supposed to agree with them that it isn't okay to do oppo research in foreign countries?

Because I see no problem with that. A campaign is a private entity. If my oppo research leads me abroad, so be it.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Strange Poon posted:

nunes pulling some "they did it and are corrupt so we have to be corrupt too" that the base seems to eat up

But again, what is wrong with a private entity like a campaign paying a foreign national to do oppo research? IDGI

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Wow, that's the soundbite there. He was on a domestic political errand. We were doing US foreign policy.

How did Castor let her go there? LOL

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

basically they were trying to get her to say that Sondland had lied about things (AND THEREFORE WAS A LIAR) and it backfired horribly

Totally. She's like, uh he was informing everyone as his email yesterday showed. He just had a different mission.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Dunite posted:

I'm at the dentist. Is it appropriate to stream Hill putting the clamps on Nunes?

As it turns out, you and Castor are having similar experiences.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Sorry if I missed this from earlier, but why are the other committee's lawyers testifying?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I don't understand why Goldman didn't just say, uh no one ordered it, when you get call records the whole point is to figure out who they called around certain times. It's the whole point.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Grouchio posted:

Why is Pelosi supporting Trump's trade deal on the same day she calls up two articles for impeachment?? :psyduck:

My best guess is they think it'll defuse some of the partisan framing of impeachment? That's all I got. It ain't much.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Regardless of the outcome, I must admit, the articles are a bit therapeutic to read.

I think the limited scope is a good idea. They're straightforward and understandable.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
There's been talk in this thread that moving to the trial and then using Roberts to rule on calling important witnesses like Bolton and Mulvaney is a good strategy, but it seems like not calling any witnesses at all might be on the table?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1204782667352461312?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1206282500303134727

this is a very good idea, it's basically the perfect situation for it, since Amash completely agrees with them on everything related to impeachment (and nothing else) and is already spending most of his time calling republicans hypocrites

Yeah I also like this idea. I don't see an obvious downside to it.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I know Politico is a bit of a rag but I don't think I've heard this said out loud before:

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1206666045861302274?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

eke out posted:

also lol even the republican voter base thinks top trump aides should testify, because they've been successfully convinced nothing wrong happened and he will be totally vindicated

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1206961962376220672

this is where their messaging strategy starts making their senate strategy much harder

Yep.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/mcconnell-white-house-privately-at-odds-senate-trial-format

This piece claims the WH wants the trial to be long and a spectacle, and McConnell wanting it to be short. I hope Dems are thinking of ways to further goad Trump into pushing for a showy, extended trial.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

What do we call a plurality of constitutional crises?

Constituionals crisisii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think they are trying to make this weeks conversation about impeachment and let trump stew and have tantrums and try to force the senate into a fairish trial.

Agreed. Might work too. I think there are 4+ R Senators that will back witnesses and documents in the trial.