Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Lemming posted:

It's good

https://i.imgur.com/EDoM1H1.mp4

You can get an Oculus Quest for $400 https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Quest-All-Gaming-System-PC/dp/B07HNW68ZC?th=1 that you can play a lot of stuff with and it's completely standalone. They also released (in beta as of today) the ability to hook it up to the PC so you can do all the PCVR stuff, and it's compatible with SteamVR which the new Half Life is gonna be running on

Counterpoint this clip makes me want to violently vomit everywhere and I'm not even experiencing it through a lovely headset.

VR blows and I want it to go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Lemming posted:

Games have figured out a lot about what does and doesn't make you nauseous; the way you fly around here is by extending your arms, which helps to ground you with the movement. Later in the clip, when I grab a surface and throw myself off, that's similarly grounded. Overall it doesn't really give you much motion sickness, less than just moving around with the joystick. I'm relatively resistant to motion sickness, but I still get it fairly easily in certain games that are considered more intense (Sairento for instance I can only physically handle about 20-30 minutes before I start needing to lie down)

Overall it doesn't give YOU much motion sickness. Don't pin that poo poo on everyone.

I can't play some FPS games that don't let me increase the FoV enough. I can't go on those stupid fake roller coasters where it's just an immersive thing moving around and a screen, I can't play VR games.