Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Grevling posted:

How about just a well-adjusted, happy and prosperous dragon society, that's what I need to escape to in my dragon fantasies.

If we're well-adjusted then we're not paranoid enough to have a strong military.

And then what stops the humans from invading us to take our prosperity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

If we're well-adjusted then we're not paranoid enough to have a strong military.

And then what stops the humans from invading us to take our prosperity?

jesus?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

I am dragon jesus tbh.

Also, strong encryption, duh. It's a virtual dragon nation, just encrypt everyone.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

McGavin posted:

You know those dragons that are, like, double dragons?

Trying that now, don't recommend.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 23, 2019

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I want a dragon nation that doesn't celebrate native genocide.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Resting Lich Face posted:

I want a dragon nation that doesn't celebrate native genocide.

How about we compromise and the Dragons have a nice looking parade in Manhattan?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Andrew Yang dragon king

This is the kind of future I believe in

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

I leave the politics to the experts, just don't skimp on great, girthy dragon schlongs.

Sorry I'm late sounds like I missed some fun.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Obviously Dragons have hoards and your status in dragon society is determined by the size of your hoard.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Dragon politics but it's a dick measuring contest. :911:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
What about cyber dragons and robodragons? Can we have those?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I;m thinkin about thos dragon tiddies

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

I;m thinkin about thos dragon tiddies

:hmmyes:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Sorry, just got back from the hospital. Will maybe respond at some point, I dunno.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

DrowningInDreams posted:

Sorry, just got back from the hospital. Will maybe respond at some point, I dunno.

Fingats ok?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

I got my gallblader removed. I had a syndrome that caused obstruction of my bile duct and it was causing both continuous daily vomiting and possibly psychosis (though that's my own judgement, which is the opposite of the doctor's judgement).

Cyber dragons and robodragons are fine but the original plan was to just have everything be inside a simulation/virtual environment, so they would be cyber dragons and robodragons within said environment. Though I guess teleoperation of a body may be necessary at times for server maintenance and such.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

DrowningInDreams posted:

I got my gallblader removed. I had a syndrome that caused obstruction of my bile duct and it was causing both continuous daily vomiting and possibly psychosis (though that's my own judgement, which is the opposite of the doctor's judgement).

Did you show the doctor your threads?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Did you show the doctor your threads?

I don't mean the doctor thought I didn't have psychosis. It's probably lucky I didn't tell him about my psychiatric history, he went out on a limb diagnosing me with this syndrome and appears to have been correct. Adding unreliable narrator tropes probably wouldn't have helped. I mean he didn't seem to know much about the wave of new research linking gut health to mental health, so he conservatively dismissed the link.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

I don't mean the doctor thought I didn't have psychosis. It's probably lucky I didn't tell him about my psychiatric history, he went out on a limb diagnosing me with this syndrome and appears to have been correct. Adding unreliable narrator tropes probably wouldn't have helped. I mean he didn't seem to know much about the wave of new research linking gut health to mental health, so he conservatively dismissed the link.

Did you ask him what he wanted from a future virtual dragon nation?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Literally A Person posted:

Did you ask him what he wanted from a future virtual dragon nation?

I try to separate my public life from my psychotic outbursts as much as possible because I don't like being homeless/jobless/dead. Maybe if I wind up homeless again I will start proselytizing in earnest though, on streetcorners or whatever.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

What I would like most of this future virtual dragon nation is for it to be confined to this obscure dead internet forum for the rest of its days so that it might never be seen, read, or considered by any more people than it already has.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

I try to separate my public life from my psychotic outbursts as much as possible because I don't like being homeless/jobless/dead. Maybe if I wind up homeless again I will start proselytizing in earnest though, on streetcorners or whatever.

Alright then, just thought I'd ask.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The_Continental posted:

What I would like most of this future virtual dragon nation is for it to be confined to this obscure dead internet forum for the rest of its days so that it might never be seen, read, or considered by any more people than it already has.

:wrong:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Speaking of dragons did everyone see Rick and Morty on Sunday?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Applewhite posted:

Speaking of dragons did everyone see Rick and Morty on Sunday?

I saw a clip of how it ended. It reminded me of dragonogon and other hyper-horny dragons on twitter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

I saw a clip of how it ended. It reminded me of dragonogon and other hyper-horny dragons on twitter.

I dunno nuthin' about that. I just liked the cool dragons.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
JK Rowling sucks. Her dragons suck. gently caress her.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DrowningInDreams posted:

JK Rowling wouldn't know a good dragon if it came up and bit her on the rear end! :rant:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There were dragons in Harry Potter? I forgot

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There were dragons in Harry Potter? I forgot

Yes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

who lives in a pineapple under the sea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

who lives in a pineapple under the sea

I feel sad now

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Nobody:

DrowningInDreams posted:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I'm reading the first Wings of Fire novel right now and it is not great but I will still finish it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DrowningInDreams posted:

I'm reading the first Wings of Fire novel right now and it is not great but I will still finish it.

What is your favorite part so far

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

Wait JK Wrowling wrote a dragon book?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I thought you were just talking about the trieizard cup dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What is your favorite part so far

The valuable lessons about how dragon racism is bad.

Just kidding.

The fact that there's a sociopathic murderer dragon who can set other dragons on fire by touching them and she's presented as basically autistic but about murder rather than evil.