Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

I looped on this mod and the new content dries up completely by the time you reach the palace. The labs are crazy though, there are mutants pouring over the walls and it was really stressful. Hopefully they keep adding content, it'd be cool to have an extended jungle or something.

The jungle is awful and i lucked thru ut the first time I accidentally got to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

The jungle is awful and i lucked thru ut the first time I accidentally got to it

same. ive also never run into that flower again in all my runs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

same. ive also never run into that flower again in all my runs

iirc you have to pick the hp up mutation for it to spawn and i figured out that was actually a newb trap mutation after the first couple games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

iirc you have to pick the hp up mutation for it to spawn and i figured out that was actually a newb trap mutation after the first couple games

yeah you die instantly extra hp or not lol that explains it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it shows up if you take the one that refills your HP and gives you ammo which is even worse than HP UP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it shows up if you take the one that refills your HP and gives you ammo which is even worse than HP UP

i thought that one was cool since the later guns really eat ammo, and it just gets more useful with the increasing enemy count

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://9joao6.itch.io/ntt-platformer

Check out this mod that makes the game into a platformer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's got Goomba Stomp listed in the bullet points so it sounds like good poo poo to me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

If you do the jungle flower I believe it gets refunded and you get an extra mutation , which is still probably not worth going to the jungle but whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

If you do the jungle flower I believe it gets refunded and you get an extra mutation , which is still probably not worth going to the jungle but whatever

taking also removes curses on weapons which is worth skipping cursed caves for bc it's mega rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a masochist so I always try to activate the shrines and the cursed caves and the jungle every run I can. You see they count as full levels so I can get lucky and roll a super plasma cannon or something earlier. If you're using a good gun like that and playing YV and have the ammo on kill mutation, it just makes sustaining you're insane ammo consumption easier.