Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
It's an excuse to do inadequate planning.

"Oh yeah, we have to remain agile to our customer's needs. Let's not spend focused effort up front to get a full accounting of the exact requirements and instead just sit back and accept doing a half-assed job there so that when inevitably the customer comes up with more stuff we missed the first time (because we didn't ask/scope properly) we can pretend like that's part of our strategy rather than us being lovely at planning things."

See also: MVP - make something really lovely, really fast and sell it on the promise that "don't worry, it'll get better eventually!"
Nobody wants to pay for the improvements, partially because the lovely thing you made wasn't ever really properly designed to handle them.
lovely thing becomes the thing everyone now has to use to do their work because of the sunk cost fallacy of having paid money to implement it and the false promises of 'and it has so much potential'.
Until senior management changes, they go, "what's this lovely thing and why are we using it? Throw it out! You know what, we should get a better tool. Get someone to make me an MVP for that" and the cycle continues.

Maybe that's why those Agile diagrams are all circles - they all end up back where they started in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU