Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

agile is an accounting system for technical managers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

let's not forget https://www.scrumyourwedding.com/

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

wait, it's actually a thing you buy? like a discrete product? or is it like one of those self help scams?

does tony robbins sell agile? does dr. phil?

getting things done is basically scrum for individuals but there might be a niche there for a talented enough huckster. work in meditation and some bullshit brain pills and you might have something

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

no i seriously want to know what it is that they're calling an "epic"

a collection of stories

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

uniscrum

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fresh_cheese posted:

every team ive ever seen claim to be doing agile skips that part... that one part that actually makes agile worth a drat - the quick regular feedback.

here's the thing: if you change your users' software every sprint they're going to hate you way more than they already do, even if you're making it better. "release early and get feedback" ignores this fact

most agile also assumes that everyone in your whole org is 1. also doing agile and 2. are on the same schedule as your team, if you have a contracting partner who was hired to build feature x by date y they will never give a gently caress about your sprints, only their contractually obligated completion date

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

this is now a serious thread. please help me i’m some species of functioning idiot but it’ll all come apart at the seams any time now.
congratulations, you're now the scrum master

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of the worst things a lot of places do is not have a dedicated scrum master, they just add that responsibility onto the team lead or a business analyst and expect them to do it on top of their actual job

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

I'm fine with agile but Minimum Viable Product is a loving cancer
“viable product” is something that needs a very specific definition

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

and you'd complain that we should really not ship it until we can provide tires as part of the whole package because it's a lovely customer experience otherwise and some rear end in a top hat would peep "but google does that"

some of our customers prefer to install their own tires, we're just giving them more choices

*6 months later, grudgingly* great news, we're going to include tires in the next update at no additional charge! tires should be shipping by the end of next quarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’d guess atlassian spends a lot of money on “goodwill” making jira look like the solution to everything